Risen 2 - PC Version Released

Technical issues like the ones we're experiencing take you directly out of the experience by breaking the state of hypnosis induced by the game..so ya, it's sorta important to some of us.

so you agree with me, thanks

stop discussing technical issues, you guys whine about the reviewers, but its the first thing you talk about

What the fuck? Stating technical problems are a part of reviewing something.

This game sounds awful..

Technical issues like the ones we're experiencing take you directly out of the experience by breaking the state of hypnosis induced by the game..so ya, it's sorta important to some of us.

My nr.1 rule: Never play a game before the mandatory patch is released.

Why the rush to become a play tester? :)

^ Thanks for doing that. A lot more helpful than mere descriptions of the technical issues some users are experiencing.

The weird resizing of shrubs is probably the most disorienting and distracting part for me. Does that happen regardless of settings?

^ Thanks for doing that. A lot more helpful than mere descriptions of the technical issues some users are experiencing.

The weird resizing of shrubs is probably the most disorienting and distracting part for me. Does that happen regardless of settings?

I think so, but I have not tested all settings extensively. I just mostly set everything to max and went with it.

I think so, but I have not tested all settings extensively. I just mostly set everything to max and went with it.

Well thanks again. "Pop-in" was just insufficient to describe how goofy some of that looked and I think your video was probably the best way to get across the strangeness of that draw issue.

With luck maybe we'll get some hilarious glitch videos out of this before they fix some of the odder ones - ala skyrim. Things could even be funny during just an ordinary day in skyrim. Really though, horses in that game provided some hilarious wtf moments; of course this is my horse, my horse is amazing.

This is no technical problem. It works as designed.

Pop-in can be configured in the .ini. I dont know if this completely fixes it, though. According to early posts at WoR pushing back the pop-in for smaller things comes at close to no performance cost.

Reg. combat:
1) This is not "the" combat. It's combat against animals.
2) A level 1 character fights like an idiot? So what? This is a PB game - an inexperienced character is supposed to fight like that.
A better question would be if it stays like that.

Technically Risen 2 is rock stable and probably the least buggy PB game apart from the first Risen.

I really hope the shrinking/growing flora isnt by design. I fail to see how it could affect performance in a postive way since it doesnt seem to reduce the poly count, just the size of it. I've also never witnessed this in any other game that uses speedtree, hopefully its a bug.

Not buying this game before i see this fixed, looks horrible.

All of a sudden I'm getting rage flashbacks, I hated when textures would blur then pop in. If it was designed that way why? It ruins the game.

All of a sudden I'm getting rage flashbacks, I hated when textures would blur then pop in. If it was designed that way why?

To make it more memory-efficient, especially important on consoles.

To make it more memory-efficient, especially important on consoles.

Yes but it ruins the immersion with the textures popping in. It just doesn't make sense didn't anyone beta test and inform them how it affected game play. It's a poor decision then.

It seems Risen 2 doesn't like to find remainings of the NVidia 3D Vision driver 301.24 or older. If you see the game's performance collapse on medium or fast NVidia cards after a couple of minutes, uninstall the two programs mentioned in this tip. Babelfish is your friend.

It seems Risen 2 doesn't like to find remainings of the NVidia 3D Vision driver 301.24 or older. If you see the game's performance collapse on medium or fast NVidia cards after a couple of minutes, uninstall the two programs mentioned in this tip. Babelfish is your friend.

*Sigh*

Anyone remember back in the day when PC games would just work without all this tweaking? You know, like Ultima 7 back in the DOS days.

You can hardly blame the game developer if a graphics chip manufacturer can't be bothered to create drivers which clean their rubbish up correctly.

You can hardly blame the game developer if a graphics chip manufacturer can't be bothered to create drivers which clean their rubbish up correctly.

Ah well you might have missed the most crucial detail about my last post:
19562464.jpg

Sorry, just wanted a chance to use that old tired overused meme. But yeah, the reason I referenced Ultima 7 as that was the game that forced me to learn all about config.sys, auotexec.bat, himem.sys, manual IRQ and DMA assignment and driver loading. My point was that driver incompatibility issues aren't exactly a new experience for me with regard to pc gaming. PC gaming generally does take a little more effort on the part of the user, but if I didn't think it were worth it more often than not than I wouldn't still be gaming on my PC.

Back
Top Bottom