Dragon Age: Inquisition - Twitter Updates

Couchpotato

Part-Time News-bot
OnlySp rounded up a few Twitter posts from Creative Director Mike Laidlaw.

The creative director for Dragon Age: Inquisition has once again dropped a few small details about the game while answering fan questions on Twitter. One of the topics, might be a bit surprising for an EA game.

According to Laidlaw, there will be no DLC characters for Dragon Age: Inquisition, with every follower being “included in the game” at launch. This was a very controversial thing that surrounded Mass Effect 3 and its launch with DLC characters, which obviously didn’t sit very well with fans of the series. Especially considering how important each character was in the Mass Effect series.

Responding to another question about mounts, we learn that there will be other ridable creatures in the game besides horses. Unfortunately, dragons will not be one of them, nor will there be any mountable flying creatures according to Laidlaw.

Finally, Laidlaw also talked about the difficulty of Dragon Age: Inquisition, noting that the game is a bit more challenging than Dragon Age II with the “normal” setting get a slight bump in difficulty. According to Laidlaw, the rest of the difficulty settings will work just as they have with previous entries.
More information.

No companion DLCs. *thumbs up*

No dragon pets. *thumbs up* (They really said "unfortunately", did they?)

difficulty settings like the previous entries eh? I don't remember the higher difficulty in DAO but DAII had ridiculous immunities on higher difficulties (e.g. qunari were immune to lightning, bandits were immune to fire, etc)

I'm not at all certain how to take their "difficulty levels" comment.

Dragon Age:Origins was a game I played on Normal mode first, and then bumped up to the highest setting later on. Found it fun. Replayed the entire game multiple times with multiple characters, including the DLC. All of it.

Dragon Age II was the first Bioware game I've played where I bumped the difficulty down to its easiest setting half way through my very first game, simply because I wanted to get the fights over with. Encounter design was crud, camera and gameplay controls were frustrating, and the frequency of the fights was ridiculous. Played that game once and haven't touched it since.

So... what does this news really mean? Haven't a clue.

Back
Top Bottom