I think I want to work for a German company

blatantninja

Resident Redneck Facist
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-13454160

One of the biggest insurance companies in the world held a party for salesmen where they were rewarded with the services of prostitutes.

Munich Re is the world's biggest re-insurer - in other words, the company acts as an insurance company for other insurance companies.

One of its divisions, Ergo, told the BBC that the party had taken place to reward salesmen in 2007.

A spokesman said the people who organised it had since left.

The gathering was held at a thermal baths in the Hungarian capital Budapest as a reward to particularly successful salesmen.

So progressive you Europeans!

Well, they got lots of flak for it.

No why would you want to go and ruin a good time like this? ;)

Heh, I guess the folks who attended the party were happy, but others obviously were not.

I'm working for a German company. What should I say, I'm really lucky that I don't have to bring them money every month. If they threw parties like these, I'd personally sue them for wasting money ^^.

Yes, I heard about it - and it was primarily conducted by the "Hamburg Mannheimer", which is described by a commentator as being "very aggressive" in terms of trying to sell insurance policies to customers.

Very rough translation of that commentary by me :

"Their task is to sell insurance policies and like in most of the so-called "structure sales departments" there is also in HMI [Hamburg Mannheimer] a company culture apparent which is shaped by aggressiveness and macho-behaviour. In the end, the goal is to sell the customer as many insurance policies as possible (often unneccessary and over-priced ones), one could even say : To push them into the customer. The hierarchies in the company are steep. Videos of HMI events teach : Mentally there is in this company quasi permanentpenetration going on."

Men at the top of society being sex crazy? well... no surprise there :D

i would hardly call insurance salesmen the "top" of society...

I thought these guys earned big bonuses and such a things for each insurrance sold?

Yeah; this thing is currently talked about in the press in conjunction with the ex-IWF boss, to ...

Back
Top Bottom