Sanitarium 60% off at GOG today

blatantninja

Resident Redneck Facist
Never heard of this game before. 3-D isometric, which I like. Has 4.5 stars. Anyone played this and have thoughts?

It´s been a looong time since I´ve played this game, but I´d certainly recommend getting it.
It has interesting, slowly unveiling suspenseful story, varied settings, really well built atmosphere, puzzles which are rarely filler and usually serve to advance the plot and there´s a solid variety of them (inventory based plus some non-inventory dealings with various mechanisms á la Myst) and it has kind of visuals which age well.
From what I remember I thought it kinda lost some of its steam towards the end and given the self-contained nature of its chapters it was sometimes way too straightforward for its own good, but other than that I remember it as a very good and unique venture certainly worth a playthrough.
It is quite one of those "one of a kind" games.

Last edited:
This was a really nicely crafted game. Dreamforge was at their best when they put this out. Some of the voice acting is poor, but other than that, there's not much not to like about that title, IMO. If you like a good adventure game, by all means pick this up.

It was a little short, but was good fun while it lasted.

Back
Top Bottom