Confrontation-- Strategy, rpg

S

sakichop

Anyone heard of this game? It popped up when I started steam. I haven't heard of it. A quick google search gives some small articles but doesn't give a whole lot of details.

Comes out on april 5th. One of the forums I checked during my quick search suggested it was real time with pause.

Sound and looks kind of cool. Anyone got any info. on it?

I'm surprised that this game is actually getting released. When Rakham (the company behind the miniature war game that this is based on) went under back in 2010, it looked like this would be another great IP that would be lost.

And I wonder if this game will do the Rakham miniatures justice. That company made some of the absolutely best miniatures out of all miniature wargaming companies (they even beat Game's workshop in this regard, and GW makes great models).

I've played the first two levels of an alpha build. It's a simplified party action-RPG with pausable RT combat. Tactical options are solid. Party formation can be changed, the spells I've seen make sense. Combat works well. It's fast and action-packed, unless you press space to give orders.

I've played the first two levels of an alpha build. It's a simplified party action-RPG with pausable RT combat. Tactical options are solid. Party formation can be changed, the spells I've seen make sense. Combat works well. It's fast and action-packed, unless you press space to give orders.

Thanks, It sounds promising for a little change of pace.

I will keep in eye on it.

I noticed an ad for it on Rock Paper Shotgun today, the game will be out on April 5th, both retail and DD.

I hope I'll find the time to write a preview the next two days.

One correction: It's not an action-RPG, more a gritty tactical RPG. Pausing is both encouraged and necessary. It's not a click-fest.

The concept seems to be a lot of control and reduction to the stuff which really gets used. Especially looting is 99% gone.

And despite the look, Confrontation is PC exclusive.

Yes I am a bit interested too but I read on the forums that the multiplayer mode will be somewhat limited. Only three skills and no pausing. !v1 duels only and no single player skirmishes. The price seems a bit high for that and the singleplayer campaign is 1 race only(humans)

I will wait for comments and reviews before purchasing(its out tomorrow)

MP is limited to short action stuff.

I hope to have the preview ready later today.

The article is online.

I actually have some confrontation figures in front of me right now, being painted. Its wonderful to see this, I've been kinda following and thought it would end up heading the way of the tabletop game - nonexistence.

I'm slightly disappointed by the setting, the Griffons are a relatively boring faction, but I am encouraged by the description of the gameplay. The lack of rpg aspects is disappointing, the fluff was one of the best parts of Rackham's universe.

Back
Top Bottom