Skyrim - Workshop Press Release

Dhruin

SasqWatch
Bethsoft sent along this press release promoting the Skyrim Workshop and announcing Skyrim as the second highest grossing title of 2011:
THE ELDER SCROLLS V: SKYRIM® WORKSHOP LAUNCHES WITH OVER 2 MILLION MODS DOWNLOADED
WORLDWIDE DEMAND CONTINUES FOR THE SECOND HIGHEST GROSSING TITLE OF 2011
NEW HONORS FOR SKYRIM AS GAME IS NAMED ‘GAME OF THE YEAR’
AT 2012 INTERACTIVE ACHIEVEMENT AWARDS
February 14, 2012 (Rockville, MD) – ZeniMax® Media Inc. today announced that the Creation Kit™, a free tool that allows PC players to create their own custom content for Bethesda’s The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim, has been enthusiastically received by PC gamers who have been uploading, downloading, and installing custom content through the Skyrim Workshop on Steam. Within a week of the release of the Creation Kit, gamers have downloaded more than 2 million mods via the Skyrim Workshop. More than 2,500 mods have been published by the gaming community, all of which are available for free.

Worldwide revenues generated by Skyrim have placed it among the industry's most successful titles, and demand for the title shows no signs of slowing. Measured by revenue, Skyrim was the second best selling game of 2011, and 2012 sales remain strong, with continuing digital downloads and large shipments of units to retail. Within the first month following its release in November, Bethesda Softworks® reported it had shipped over 10 million units of Skyrim across all platforms, representing approximately $650 million in retail sales, and those results have since increased substantially.

Data from Steam, the digital download service, reveal that the average number of hours that a gamer plays Skyrim exceeds 75 hours, underscoring fan devotion to the game. The PC version of Skyrim

So what have been some of the most popular/best mods that are available so far? To be honest, I haven't been gaming at all lately and it's been a while since I've played any Skyrim at all.

Oblivion was very over-hyped, but Skyrim earned the success and praise. It's certainly not flawless, but it is a big step in the right direction.

I find the Steam Mod database completely useless as there is no search function (unless I missed it).
There are the filter tabs but under those tabs can be hundreds of mods. If I wanted to move to this from the Nexus it would tack ages to go through all the mods to find the ones I had.

Not that I can play at the moment anyway as update 1.4 broke multi-monitor support so now Eyefinity doesn't work :(

Intrigued by the the ambient sounds, but some are already in base game. Not sure what those add.

As expected the nudie mods are highly downlo… ;)

I think I'll try out SkyUI, though it requires other stuff to work properly.

PS There is a a new search function. The workshop seems to be a very much a fast rapid prototype in progress. Not seen anywhere that they've solved the multiple mods conflict problem...

I find the Steam Mod database completely useless as there is no search function (unless I missed it).
There are the filter tabs but under those tabs can be hundreds of mods. If I wanted to move to this from the Nexus it would tack ages to go through all the mods to find the ones I had.

Not that I can play at the moment anyway as update 1.4 broke multi-monitor support so now Eyefinity doesn't work :(

the text search function was added a few days ago, Pox.

Two million downloads and that was just on Steam. I actually tried to use Nexus on Sunday night and kept getting bounced when the servers overloaded. And this is happening three months after the game released!

Yep
Whats up with search function?

And btw Nexus >> Steam ( no search , no uninstall , have to manually activate mods )

they added the search function a few days ago twotricks.

In order to uninstall mods, you can select the mod within the launcher data files menu, click "Delete Selected" and click yes to unsubscribe.

To be honest; I was more satisfied playing DKS over skyrim. The one thing lacking in skryim is that your action seemed to have no impact on the world. You finish ousting the imperials (or stormcloak) and nothing seemed to change in the world.
-
Other than that I enjoyed the game :)
-
If skyrim was #2; what was #1 ?

To be honest; I was more satisfied playing DKS over skyrim. The one thing lacking in skryim is that your action seemed to have no impact on the world. You finish ousting the imperials (or stormcloak) and nothing seemed to change in the world.
-
Other than that I enjoyed the game :)
-
If skyrim was #2; what was #1 ?

just a guess....COD or BF3

Back
Top Bottom