The Topre Realforce keyboard is the last keyboard you'll ever buy

I think it deserves its own thread, because I just love mine to bits. I always typed multiple hours every day, and I never liked plastic keyboards. I never had the chance to have an IBM PC with a spring-based Model M keyboard when I was young because it costs too much.

I tried many mechanical keyboards with the various types of Cherry keys but I always found them underwhelming in some way.

Enter the Topre Realforce. There are a few different models but they are very similar.

It is the ideal compromise between a normal plastic keyboard and a mechanical keyboard. It is a typist's dream. The particularity is also that some keys are heavier than others, depending on which one people use more frequently.

It is literally butter smooth. I simply love it, it's a joy to use. The feedback is soo, sooo good.

It really does live up to the hype and it is well worth is high price.

For gaming I love my merc stealth.

It doesn't have fancy feeling keys but the oversized WSAD keys and key cluster have me hooked. I don't ever want to go back to a normal keyboard again. I actually bought another one that I keep around in case the one I have breaks since they stopped making them.

Incredibly expensive, but apart from that such a keyboard would be exactly my cup of tea.

So noone wants one of these?
timb_large_3.jpg

Yea I know, useless for those few crappy Square Enix ports as Backspace is not replicated. :D

Incredibly expensive, but apart from that such a keyboard would be exactly my cup of tea.

Trust me it REALLY is worth it. Wait for a sale.

I own that…with a broken space bar. I need to fix it (some tiny plastic part broke, so it's not as easy as it sound). I got a Roccat mechanized keyboard to replaced it, I miss the dedicated pads though. :(

I own that…with a broken space bar. I need to fix it (some tiny plastic part broke, so it's not as easy as it sound). I got a Roccat mechanized keyboard to replaced it, I miss the dedicated pads though. :(

Man, that sucks. It's a great gaming keyboard.

So noone wants one of these?
timb_large_3.jpg

Yea I know, useless for those few crappy Square Enix ports as Backspace is not replicated. :D

I actually used one of these for several years. Well not that one exactly.
That one is called timberwolf. I was only using the "wolfpaw" part.

Why? Because I don't like hotkey combinations like shift+X or strg+X and I ran out of normal hotkeys playing my Rogue in WoW-Arena. And the left hand which is using the keyboard is not used to it's capabilities. Especially your thumb potential is normally completely wasted by just using space. With the wolfpaw I used 6-7 keys with my thumb.
Just found an old blog where I posted some screenshots. ^^

MouseG5.jpg

Keys5.jpg

Back
Top Bottom