Star Trail HD - Crafty Studios Next RPG

Couchpotato

Part-Time News-bot
Crafty Studios the developer who remastered Realms of Arkania have announced they are working on the second game Star Trail on the German forums.

I wont touch this game till it's at least available in a gold edition.:smartass:
Star Trail HD is in the works

We at Crafty Studios are pleased to announce that we are working with our publisher UIG immediately with full speed on Star Trail HD! The release is planned so far with "the end of this year". We ask that you continue to energetic assistance, suggestions and active participation in the discussions here in the forum, because we as already previously willing to incorporate them into our development your valued opinion! Thank you for your patience, your loyalty and your commitment!
Link- http://forum.schicksalsklinge.com/index.php?page=Thread&postID=82807#post82807

Last edited:
So the first one sold enough so that they could continue on a new one?

WOW, just wow, I wounder how much it'd have sold if it was finished on release!

Patching doesn't look like at an end, yet. But the game is stable and challenging enough by now.

The community behind the game is solid. Provides active support and feedback... So probably Blade of Destiny will continue to expand. Occasional bugfixing, mods and stuff.

Also whatever advancement done in BoD will be in Star Trail and a part of Star Trail can be backported to BoD. Very hopeful on that decent Battle Characters&Sounds can be added...for example.

I like it. The first game is totally playable now (as it should have been from the beginning), and since the engine and all is done, the sequels shouldn't be a problem.

Their RoA remake is, excuse me for saying it, not fun. Put bugs aside and imagine it was released as it's now after the recent patch. What is exactly fun in it?

There is a type of player who likes to click randomly and enjoy whatever happens. I'm not that type, I play a role in RPG and am trying to do things I feel "right" (for that role). If you're not like me and played RoA, tell me, do you ever get the feeling whatever you click in it, it's just not "right"? In my case, nothing felt "right". It's like a project you're creating and at a certain point you see it's not what you want so you just trash it. This is the vibe I got from RoA remake. It doesn't work on me and since I wasn't involved in it's creation, can't rebuild it. I just wish it was different.

Because of that, I'm not buying Star Trail HD. I'm not scared of bugs, there will be many I'm sure. I just don't want another game, polished or not, that is not fun and feels completely wrong.

Their RoA remake is, excuse me for saying it, not fun. Put bugs aside and imagine it was released as it's now after the recent patch. What is exactly fun in it?

There is a type of player who likes to click randomly and enjoy whatever happens. I'm not that type, I play a role in RPG and am trying to do things I feel "right" (for that role). If you're not like me and played RoA, tell me, do you ever get the feeling whatever you click in it, it's just not "right"? In my case, nothing felt "right". It's like a project you're creating and at a certain point you see it's not what you want so you just trash it. This is the vibe I got from RoA remake. It doesn't work on me and since I wasn't involved in it's creation, can't rebuild it. I just wish it was different.

Because of that, I'm not buying Star Trail HD. I'm not scared of bugs, there will be many I'm sure. I just don't want another game, polished or not, that is not fun and feels completely wrong.

so like, you didn't like the game? or the remake specifically (and for what reason compared to the original if this is the case?) or you just don't like the system they use (so, say a d20 version would have worked better for you?)

Back
Top Bottom