Wasteland 2 - Physical Boxes Sent Out

Couchpotato

Part-Time News-bot
InXile Entertainment announced that boxed copies of Wasteland 2 have finally been sent out to some backers. They also released a few images of the Boxed version.

The old school big box is back! The first batch of standard boxes went out to backers earlier this week! If you backed at a tier due only the standard box and have provided and locked in your address you will have gotten an email shipping notification from us.
More information.

Yes finally I can't remember the last game I bought that came in a big box. Steam and GOG makes it nice and easy but I used to love going to computer stores back in the day.

Plus having a map and manual will be sweet.

Mmm, a big, mostly empty empty box. What will I do with it?

It's good that we're getting a proper manual though.

Why do you need a manual ? Exploration is considered a key aspect in a RPG by many. :)

Saw some today in a shop !

Mine came today. Nearly had tears in my eyes. Wonderful box. I love the smell of the manual.

Gaming industry: this is the way to go.

@Alrik: No, you didn't. The Ranger edition in shops is different from the "Backers Box" which is exclusively for us crowdfunding folks.

I have the Collector's Box coming my way. It should be neat to look through.. UNLESS I DECIDE NOT TO OPEN IT?!

Did you get an email saying as much? Last I heard, there was still no date on when they'd be shipping C.E.s beyond "later".

Mine came today. Nearly had tears in my eyes. Wonderful box. I love the smell of the manual.

Wasteful boxes shipped a month later so you can sniff manuals? No. Definitely not.

Hey!
Manual sniffing is very underrated.

Much like you can buy "New Car Smell" maybe we need to make a "Brand New Game Manual" scent.

I did not get an email yet. They email you a million times to update your information but no email yet for shipping. I gave them a lot of money and you would think they would treat their best customers a bit better.

I have the Collector's Box coming my way. It should be neat to look through.. UNLESS I DECIDE NOT TO OPEN IT?!

I like your avatar and your signature. But something feels a little bit off...

@Zloth: Yes it is. DD for the proletarian crowd who love to be hoodwinked and big boxed copies for the gentry who love to get something real for their money.

Big collectors box ordered here too.

Can't really compare today's skimpy dvd style boxes to the ones made in the 80s. Those were big and had lots of goodies; big maps, long manuals, world lore and even trinkets could be found. I loved getting them and reading the stuff in them.

Now mostly you get a tiny box with a short manual with only very basic gameplay instructions…this style is mostly pointless.

Check out Ultima IV and V boxes for a good example.

@Alrik: No, you didn't. The Ranger edition in shops is different from the "Backers Box" which is exclusively for us crowdfunding folks.

Agreed I am much more excited to get a game with physical stuff in a box. I also smell the manual, it must be a thing:)

I'm guessing my signed collector's edition will be among the last to ship.
Somehow that seems backwards... the more I pledge, the longer I wait for my game.

Probably be another month for the CEs to ship. Honestly makes me want to rescind my Torment pledge (if it were possible).

Agreed seems like ce version should ship first. My guess they ordered both at same time and had material delay on the ce

My guess they ordered both at same time and had material delay on the ce

Well, then the game should've stayed in beta until they had all their ducks in a row.
The same goes for Tex Murphy: Tesla Effect (released 5/7/14) and Jane Jensen's Moebius (released 4/14/14)… I'm still waiting for my boxed CEs for both.

In the future, I'll think long and hard before pledging mucho dinero for any boxed collectors editions (or any physical goods for that matter) unless that game has Divinity in the title.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom