The Witcher - Now available on Steam

Think I'll pass. Got boxed copies of the standard, Collectors Edition and Enhanced Edition. CD Project can't blame me for being in the red :)

Typical.
I went to pre-order DA:O on Steam last night and this pops up.
I have been waiting for The Witcher to hit Steam in Australia for a long time and it pops up 6 days before Dragon Age. Picked it anyway.
Any chance I can finish The Witcher in 6 days? And I am only half way through NWN2: SoZ :(

Typical.
And I am only half way through NWN2: SoZ :(

Throw SoZ in the garbage can and use precious gaming time to something more worth your time.
Im going to give witcher a spin,

(SoZ had good ideas but a totally underwhelming story and immersion, the reason I play Crpgs in the first place)

/C

Long time lurker from the days of rpgdot migration, finally registered

Typical.
I went to pre-order DA:O on Steam last night and this pops up.
I have been waiting for The Witcher to hit Steam in Australia for a long time and it pops up 6 days before Dragon Age. Picked it anyway.
Any chance I can finish The Witcher in 6 days? And I am only half way through NWN2: SoZ :(

I would agree with Crilloan; NWN2:SoZ needs a rest, then play The Witcher for
6-8days, then play DA: Origins.

If you play like 8-10 hours every day for about 6-8 days, I think, you can finish the main story line in The Witcher e.g. don't do any of the side quests in The Witcher.
On the other hand, sidequests in The Witcher are very interesting and gives you much needed experience (points) - to be used in the main campaign.

Long time lurker from the days of rpgdot migration, finally registered

Cool, was it my post that pulled you out of the shadows?

I really like SoZ but had just finished MoTB so need a NWN2 break.

Played an hour or so of The Witcher and it is good but combat is odd. Almost MMOy if you know what I mean. I am sure it gets better or more natural later on. I won't play more until I know I can play it through so I'll wait till DA:O is out and choose then. I can't swap books in the middle and I don't like doing it with games. That reminds me, I need to track down The Witcher book...

I wish I could play 10 hours a day! But there is work, wife and duties...

Back
Top Bottom