Mass Effect 3 - More MP Rumours

No, please… why every game has to be multiplayer??!!! (rethorical question.)

Thanks god for Skyrim.

All the MP threads on the official ME3 forums are closed by moderators. Moderator rules is that no MP discussion in any of the Mass Effect trilogy forums is allowed, they are SP games. It have already been confirmed that there is no multiplayer in Mass Effect 3.

Latest Casey Hudson's answers on Twitter on the subject:
Like Ray said, we evaluate lots of tech/designs but as you saw at E3 we're focused on the best SP experience in the series.

Check my tweet from a few mins back regarding SP and MP. That's pretty much all there is to say on it. :)

Not that I care either way but that doesn't confirm no MP. Being focused on the best SP doesn't specifically preclude MP. ;)

[For the record, I don't think it will have MP but reps often dance around the subjects and gamers read too much into it. Why doesn't he just say "there is no MP. Full stop."?]

I've seen a rumour about 4 people co-op play being in ME3? Is this something similar to the (old) LAN-days?

No. The rumor that every "gaming" website is copying mention only Deathmatch, "king-of-the-hill" and stuff like that. Some content is done in co-op, but it's more "fight against wave of enemies", then advance the story type like BG had.

edit: Original start of the rumor. After that Eurogamer and CVG "created" their own rumors (and they contradict the original one saying it's mission based).

Not that I care either way but that doesn't confirm no MP. Being focused on the best SP doesn't specifically preclude MP. ;)

[For the record, I don't think it will have MP but reps often dance around the subjects and gamers read too much into it. Why doesn't he just say "there is no MP. Full stop."?]

So what about no multiplayer in Mass Effect 3 being confirmed in Game Information 2 months ago?

Last edited:
As if complain about multiplayer.
You play games with people.
If you really want a good singleplayer story read a book.

If you want a good story, buy a book.

The pressure is on for Bioware, they are gone the path of shooter (as they gain experience, it should warrant good shooters), the MU feature is going to be expected somehow.

How right you are sir since books have better story's than any game written today.
But you know some of us still enjoy singleplayer games. Its not a fantasy but a fact.

Last edited:
I don't want "a good singleplayer story".

I want a singleplayer game. You know, that's the game you don't play with people. It is not a book. You can actually read a book with people if you want to. So you please do it by any means, I don't want to do it, I don't want to play multiplayer and I don't care if you multiplay even your toilet needs. :)

I expect this game to more & more evolve into a "classic" (or "unclassic" ?) shooter game - from what bit I read lately.

So what about no multiplayer in Mass Effect 3 being confirmed in Game Information 2 months ago?
Do you have exact wording of that?
Though it´s irrelevant anyway, in the twit you´ve posted above Hudson pretty much confirmed the rumours are to some extent correct.

Haha, books don´t have "singleplayer" stories.
(you weren´t talking about CYOA ones, were you? :))

Last edited:
Do you have exact wording of that?
Though it´s irrelevant anyway, in the twit you´ve posted above Hudson pretty much confirmed the rumours are to some extent correct.

The only thing Casey confirmed is that ME3 focus on the single player experience, he also confirmed that BioWare was exploring MP for all their games and franchises (What Ray said at E3). It doesn't mean they will add MP to ME3 whatever it's horde, deathmatch or co-op missions (considering the rumors talk about different type of MP anyway).

There is also rumours of a Mass Effect MMO (which have a bit more backing too).

As for GI, note sure if it's truly what was written in Game Informer 2 months ago, but somebody claim this is what was really said (found on the web):
"As a single-player experience, and just as a world that people want to immerse themselves in and share, we've been trying to think of a way that makes sense for people to experience Mass Effect with friends," says executive producer Casey Hudson. "We haven't yet come up with a way to do that, so we don't have anything to announce at this time. But obviously, multiplayer is something we want to do more of in the future as a company".

Said company is EA RPG/MMORPG division, kind of hard to avoid multiplayer when you handle 3 MMOs already (4 soon).

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom