Pricewatch!

Ubisoft is giving a 10€ discount in some European countries if you use UBIPGW10 in their store. This means that you can get a free game, if the game costs less than 10€. http://shop.ubi.com/
Some of these games can be redeemed on steam.

(note: Sweden & the UK are not included, seem to be limited to countries using € as their currency).

Huhm, didn't seem to work over here (The Netherlands). I was eyeing Heroes of Might and Magic V. Oh, well. :)

Free BioShock from GameFly:
http://www.gamefly.co.uk/Download-BioShock/5001055
Limited to:
Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Ireland, Italy, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Netherlands, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, and United Kingdom.

Also, new indie bundle, the Indie Royale Harvest Bundle: http://www.indieroyale.com/
This one includes:
Mutant Mudds
Pineapple Smash Crew
Spirits
Avernum: The Great Trials Trilogy
BasketBelle

You missed a $20 Dark Souls sale on Amazon.

This isn't really much of a deal.

I've had no problem with GFWL+Steam on other games that do it. Dirt 3, the Bat-games... all fine. Played a bunch of Dirt 3 online too so had no problem there. Of course, Dark Souls online is apparently much more finicky for everyone.

Yeah I think I played one game on GFWL on Steam and it seemed screwy. Can't remember which one. But it didn't work right. Just wondering about this one.

I have no problem with GFWL and Steam together with either Dark souls or Batman AA. Although, GFWL is some sort of screwy software by itself and I can't play "online" because of some missing setting on my PC. Not worth the time to fix.

There are two interesting games that i spotted on Steam, both have a couple bucks off and look interesting. I'm having such good times w/ Game of Dwarves that I'm going to give these cheapies a shot.

Unfortunately "Dont Starve" is a pre-order at this point for 11.99 (but man it looks cool!) and "towns" is basically a city builder with a dungeon beneath it.

I've been playing around with Towns, but haven't really done too much with it yet. It's like a much, much less complex but more accessible Dwarf Fortress. Looks like it could be hours of fun, but only time will tell.

There are two interesting games that i spotted on Steam, both have a couple bucks off and look interesting. I'm having such good times w/ Game of Dwarves that I'm going to give these cheapies a shot.

Unfortunately "Dont Starve" is a pre-order at this point for 11.99 (but man it looks cool!) and "towns" is basically a city builder with a dungeon beneath it.

I've been playing (and having lots of fun) with Game of Dwarves. For $10 it's really worth it. It may not be Dungeon Keeper or have the complexity of Dwarf Fortress, but it has its own charm, and I like that it doesn't really pressure you into hurrying up. Play at your own leasure.

I've wishlisted Game of Dwarves and Don't Starve - thanks for pointing them out!

By the way - there is time-limited beta demo of Don't Starve you can run through Chrome here. I played it for a bit just now and am definitely planning to pre-order. I think if you do the pre-order you get full access to the beta on Steam now.

Groupees build a bundle 4 is out:
http://groupees.com/bab4
This one contains:
Stellar Impact (steam)
Robin Hood: The Legend of Sherwood (Steam)
Qasir Al-Wasat: A Night in-between (Desura)
Vitrum (Desura+Drm Free)
Men of War (Steam)
Fantasy Wars (Steam)
Zombies (Desura)
Velvet Assassin (Steam)
Orczz (Desura)

I've previously played Men of War, Fantasy Wars & Velvet Assassin, and they were all quite good. Fantasy wars is a tough as nails panzer-general style game set in a fantasy setting. Highly recommended. Men of War is an interesting RTT set in WW2, where you can take direct control over individual soldiers, or control them like a regular RTT (you can switch control mode on the fly). This one is also very hard. And finally we have Velvet Assassin, which is a 3rd person stealth game that (according to me) got unfairly poor review scores. It is (again) a rather challenging game, and it has some odd design choices, but overall I found it to be a highly enjoyable game.

Qasir Al-Wasat: A night in-between looks interesting, though I have not played it yet.

All 3 STALKERS are on sale at GamersGate for a total of $12. Excellent deal, if they work. If not, good luck getting GG to fix anything.

EDIT: Also gamefly has some pretty good deals

ME2 - $5
DA:O - $5
The Witcher - $5

Heh, what do you expect GamersGate to do? Hire coders to fix games they sell?

What are you even talking about? GG is a great DDL store.

Back
Top Bottom