NHL Playoffs 2015 edition

Lucky Day

Daywatch
The smell of turf and the sound of "play ball" tells us its that time of year again: the NHL playoffs are about to begin.

This year marks several surprises. The defending champions, the LA Kings, failed to qualify and so did last year's President's Trophy winners, the Boston Bruins.

Five of the seven Canadian teams qualified and two of the series in the first round are against each other.

How shall we do it this year?

Doesn't matter this year to me that much. My play-off's was the regular and my team pulled it out by coming in Dead last. Though I thought Buffalo would mess it up like most Buffalo teams do. It was a year hoping your team would come in last but the prize of Jack Jackal or Coner McDavid was huge and hopeful something to build off of.

Though if I had to pick a team I am going to pick the Black Hawks. They just seemed to be built for the play-offs.

I haven't seen a game all season, so I have no idea who is playing. However, I can probably guarantee that my Leafs aren't there!! :(

Bring back Punch Imlach and King Clancy!! Oh if only we could!!!!

No Kings, no Bruins, no matter what else happens this year is turning out splendidly. I think I scared the neighbours the other night, I yelled so loud when the Flames eliminated the Kings. That was just awesome!!!

As long as the Rangers don't win, I'll be happy.

No Kings, no Bruins, no matter what else happens this year is turning out splendidly. I think I scared the neighbours the other night, I yelled so loud when the Flames eliminated the Kings. That was just awesome!!!
Yeah, but Cindy Crosby and a Bunch of Other Douchenozzles snuck in...

I don't have a good feeling about my Wings this year, but I do like our first round draw. Of the teams we could have gone up against, the Bolts probably have the weakest netminders. Seems like every year we waltz into some career-year force field, so it's nice to avoid that for once. Assuming Jimmy gets his head straight, we can manage not to lose games thru defense. We're far more likely to get beat if we get stuck in low scoring games.

Sorry Wings have no chance unless they are playing to get Babcock back as a coach. Though I feel the sabers will offer him more money then anyone in coaching. Not the move I would do, I have always liked Nolan and think he should have a chance with the kids next year.

Or Montreal.

They haven't won since 1993 and they had their best year since 1988-1989.

That mean they are going to be shown the exit by the Sens. lol

Let's Go Bruins!

... oh, never mind ...

Let's Go Celtics! ;)

I say "Let's Go Blues!" Not sure they are seasoned enough to make it far, and not sure they will stay consistent for 90 min, but stranger things have happened to teams. So fingers crossed and will enjoy it while it lasts. :)

I don't have a good feeling about my Wings this year, but I do like our first round draw. Of the teams we could have gone up against, the Bolts probably have the weakest netminders. Seems like every year we waltz into some career-year force field, so it's nice to avoid that for once. Assuming Jimmy gets his head straight, we can manage not to lose games thru defense. We're far more likely to get beat if we get stuck in low scoring games.

I was really disappointed by how the Red Wings limped into the playoffs. They've been close to terrible the last 3-4 weeks. They'll be out in the first round unless someone lights a fire under them. Tampa Bay looks hungry too...

Playoffs start tomorrow. So what do we think for this year? If we're going to have a pool I'd suggest have at least two people manage it. In the past some folks have disappeared due to utter and total disappointment (I too am guilty of this most heinous of crimes).

If we're going to do a pool, we've got to decide on a prize, of course. That's, after all, the important part.

Perhaps a map with Winnipeg circled and a note, "Don't feel bad, it took Hockey a while to find this place, too..." I think we already gave away Crosby's training bra a couple years ago. I know- a picture of the Islanders' Gordon's Fisherman jersey and the caption, "What do you mean we've got to keep playing? We haven't played in April for decades."

How about a maple leaf; dried and preserved from the 1960's?!! :)

free jell-o and squash dinner with a big cup of ensure at the next Wings Bingo night (that's what they do instead of golf in the off season).

And a free copy of Grimoire.

Now, how should the pool work? Pick players for teams? That involves lots of maths.

or just teams?

Back
Top Bottom