I have $50 to spend

D

Deleted User

It is a gift for my birthday. What should I buy? I'm looking for good RPGs I don't already currently own. What recommendations would you guys have?

I'm thinking Skyrim Legendary Edition, perhaps, and then spend a late night adding a bunch of mods to test my new GTX 970 GPU. :evilgrin:

Or maybe someone will suggest a nice computer-related device I can spend the money on. I'm open to tech/gadgets/things for my new computer/games/etc.

Ideas/suggestions? o_O

Games? What games?
No games!

Get yourself a nice and shiny external two point five inch external USB 3.0 hard drive for backups.
Or, if you already have one, grab another 120Gb SDD - you'll need it for Star Citizen very soon. In the meantime, you can put GTA 5 on it and… Dunno, Wolfenstein.
Yea I know, only two games, ah well, optimization is too much to expect from some people recently.

joxer, Thank you for the response. :)

I have an external 1 TB drive currently hooked to my computer (which reminds me, I need a USB 3.0 cable to get the max speed for it!), a 500 GB internal HDD and a 250 GB SSD. So, I think I'm covered with the hard drives. :)

Maybe a shiny gaming keyboard or something? I have a "large print" keyboard that lights up, not bad, and also a Logitech something or other gaming mouse with a bunch of buttons, but they are both wired. Maybe a wireless something. Hmm.

At least we've discovered so far that a few bucks of that money has to go to a proper USB 3.0 cable for my external HDD. :)

Internal HDDs today are irrelevant in PC. In some other machines, inferior machines, those are still needed. Can't remember what those machines are this moment, I'm sure you'll know. :D

Get as much external ones and as much SSD space as you can. I have three ext. HDDs because I backup everything, and by the looks on sizes of the new games I'll have to buy a fourth one soon.

I would wait for the next round of sales and clear part of my backlog.

I would wait for the next round of sales and clear part of my backlog.

Hmm. You just gave me an idea. I will check out my Steam wishlist and see if I can pick some of those games up on sale.

I wish I had used the wishlist feature more often than I have. I have probably forgotten a lot of games I wanted to buy but never clicked the little "Add to wishlist" button. :(

Skyrim: Legendary Edition + Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky combo is looking pretty good right now. :)

Skyrim: Legendary Edition
If it's discounted 90%, do buy. Even that is too much, but well, let's not turn Gabe Newell into a hobo, shallwe. :)

Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky combo is looking pretty good right now. :)
OMG
BUY NOW!!!
What on earth are you waiting for? I thought everyone here has it and finished the game already. You may also get it as DRMfree on GOG.

I also have Trails on my wishlist. Never been a huge JRPG fan but this looks pretty solid. Sadly it never seems to go on discount (this summer sale maybe?) and my backlog is such I can't really justify paying full price for anything any more.

If you're looking to break in your new video card and willing to burn the whole $50 your best bet is probably the Witcher 3, provided you can wait two weeks :x

If you gotta have something *now*, hmm...perhaps Dragon Age Inquisition?

(Disclaimer, I make the above recommendations simply based on them being RPGs With Pretty Graphics to Spend 50 Dollars On. No other criteria.)

If you want an upgrade, I say save up for a Topre Realforce keyboard. It is very expensive, but worth every penny and then some. I have tried many keyboards, including mechanical ones, and it tops even the best of them by a country mile. It is an absolute joy to type on. I really recommend it to anyone, it will last you decades.

Have you considered a $10 hooker and $40 for blow? :biggrin:

Hmmm...

Well if you're looking for hardware, I really dig my Roccat Kone XTD gaming mouse and my SteelSeries Merc Keyboard. :) (I got both on sale) Though I would recommend buying them from somewhere where you can get a protection plan (like MicroCenter or BestBuy)...Roccat's customer service is pretty horrible, I've heard...

Alternatively, if you have a PS Vita, you will want Persona 4 Golden. Like, yesterday. :)

I would actually avoid such a mouse personally, I don't think the higher DPI setting gives you anything, and multiple buttons are a gimmick. These mice also tend to have laser sensers with acceleration and prediction, which makes it actually less precise to handle. The best choice for a mouse is probably a Logitech G400 or G400s which have a reliable optical sensor without any such acceleration or prediction. These two mice are also very comfortable. The Logitech G500 on the other hand is rubbish and to be avoided at all costs. The original Deathadder also has the G400's sensor but Razer has very poor built quality.

I think it is worth investing more for a quality mechanical keyboard.

Have you considered a $10 hooker and $40 for blow? :biggrin:

Alright, time for the famous George Best quote:
"I spent a lot of money on booze, birds and fast cars. The rest I just squandered."

I suggest buying 2 6 packs of craft beer and getting really drunk while playing a game. It's certainly entertaining.

It was a Crown and Hearthstone night for me. I skipped the bar tonight.

And post a video of it ;)

What about a ps4 and play all the exclusives ? Or a ps3 if $50 doesn't cut it

Pay for half the fight tonight. Talk someone else into paying the other half. BTW everyone at the Watch is invited to my house tonight to watch the fight. Hope Ohio is not that far from where you all live. :)

I used to live in Kenmore. Miss it sometimes.

Thanks for the suggestions all!

@JDR, It was given to me by a friend.

Well, $15 of that is spent, as that Might and Magic bundle was just too good to pass up!

Might and Magic X + DLC + M&M Heroes 3 HD + all those other games?! Yes, please.

So now I'm down to $35. Perhaps I just spend it on sales as Gorath suggested. I'll probably get the most bang for my buck that way.

Back
Top Bottom