Hello again.

Mercus

Watcher
Hey, few of you may remember me, many probably don't, but i'll start this post at the start I guess and then move further on.

I've been a fairly active member of RPGDot community long ago better known under nickname of Mercenary (also known as Ian by my real name) to some and I've only recently found out of this site's exsistence due to my long absence from RPGDot in the time when it was still a decent place to be at. I've been notified by a person I've probably known for the longest in my time on RPGDot - Bartacus that this is the new site so I'd thought i'd check it out and see if other people I've known are here too.

Excuse me if this is the wrong forum section but I didn't find any that would suit more appropriate, if there is one please direct me to it please.

At the first glance I noticed many good old members from old usergroups i've had the chance to enter, everything from role-playing usergroups to higly social and very friendly non-flamers :)

I just thought i'd check up and see how things are going for everyone that still knows me and hopefully if time and my activities will allow it I might become a more active member of the community again, however that's something to discuss for another time and place most probably.

Are there any such groups going on here, and if anyone can give me really short & brief explanation of what really happened back at RPGDot because you can probably imagine my confusion when I haven't had a clue on the events for last .. hmm year perhaps. Had to be yeah. :)

Any information at all actually is helpful. Thanks and nice to see you again.

Well I can give you some info, Ian: nope there aren't any usergroups here (yet). The RP started a bit here at the off topic, but such a thing can hardly start blooming in an already overcrowded space. It's also a fact that at the Dot the RP usergroups weren't exactly blooming neither. I think however that there's a possibility at WoG for an RP section.
As for the reason of leaving the Dot, well, I think Jaz or Corwin can much better explain what happened.

I'm afraid I didn't have the chance to BBQ many molerats in the last year. Plenty of stuff that need taking care off and plenty of other arrangements that keep me away from engaging into anything for longer period of time really. Still addicted to World of Warcraft to some extent though :)

EDIT :

Thanks Bart. But I don't believe I have the time atm to engage in any role-playing yet. Maybe in a while if my interest for it sparkles again :)

Last edited:
Hey hey the gang's all here! :music:

Jolt wasn't giving the Dot any support beyond forcing tons of ads, so the staff pulled up stakes and started the Watch. That's the short version.

Hey hey the gang's all here! :music:

Jolt wasn't giving the Dot any support beyond forcing tons of ads, so the staff pulled up stakes and started the Watch. That's the short version.

Ahh, yeah i still remember those big Fable ads over whole page, that just kept coming and coming. Well good choice then i guess and good job if so many people followed and formed a new community or well at least partial plus the new member that you have gained since.

Thanks for the info :) I'll work the rest out on my own, shouldn't be too difficult.

Finally!!! Where have you been?? * taps foot like any mom might do* Glad to see you found the new digs. :w00t:

This site is just starting to crawl atm so usergroups will be a while I think. The few who have to do the work here are pretty well up to their necks atm but they have said usergroups ect are not out of the question. Just won't be soon.

Hi 2 u, boss! :D

*thinks of something more to write*
*fails horribly*

Last edited:
Finally!!! Where have you been?? * taps foot like any mom might do* Glad to see you found the new digs. :w00t:

This site is just starting to crawl atm so usergroups will be a while I think. The few who have to do the work here are pretty well up to their necks atm but they have said usergroups ect are not out of the question. Just won't be soon.

His old mailaddress didn't compute (nor the pm's at the Dot), so I went for an old RP site - the monastery. There was a link to the merc-woop site and only then I found a mailaddress I could use. So that's why it took so long to notify him.

Ah, yes to cut the long story short my old e-mail address was unaccessible due to some domain changes and payment issues which locked me out from reaching the mail on that one good. Hence why I didn't notice that I have recieved a PM on RPGDot) which meant effectivly losing contact with the site. Guess it was partially because of all the things that were happening with my life really along with other stuff which kinda just overwhelmed me at the time, so I didn't log back in to check stuff anymore.

Glad to see so many old faces still crawling about though :)

Yeah, like everytime I look in the mirror!! :)

... took you a while, eh? Welcome back, Ian, and try to feel at home :thumbsup:.

long time no see, but welcome back. oh yeah be aware of Cm she is very grumpy lately and putting people on a list. Or it is an assassination list or she is giving a huge party :p:sweatdrop::devilish::sneaky::evil:

Pinnen and Lintra went MIA. That really put a big hole in the setting. CM made a great attempt to bring back the magic with the barn, but I think the group was going thru too many changes at that point to make it work.

I have all the lists and the material I need for a new barn. I think I need to let this place settle in before I rebuild that on. And at the moment it seems to be a tie between Corwin and Bart for the top spot on my list. Titus and Dte have made a niche though. :cm: It is good to see you again. Don't disappear for so long again.

what is the barn?

Back
Top Bottom