The Totally NEW Team Corwin Thread

Stormglory Typhoon will have 13 small and 3 large holds.

They could be added like (without use of cargo hold amenities):

Small
1. The Orien express (mailbox, auction house, bank)
2. Three Finger's Thad (general vendor probably tavern too)
3. Shrine of Experience V (+5% XP)
4. Guild vault III (Guild and officer chests)
5. Chronoscope (+3 reflex save, +40% movement speed in public areas)
6. Farshifter's Chambers (Teleporter)
7. Floating Rock Garden (+2 strength, +2 wisdom)
8. Paradoxical Puzzle Box (+2 dexterity, +2 intelligence)
9. Old Sully's Grog Cellar (+2 charisma, +2 constitution)
10. Hag's Apothecary (+2 HP, +1 save vs poison and disease)
11. Danger room (+3 disable device, hide, open lock, search and spot)
12. Crusader's chapel (+15 positive / negative spellpower)
13. Arcane Sanctum (+1 save vs enchantment, +25 max SP, +1 spell pen)

Large:
1. Grand Relinquary II: Silver Flame II, Stormreaver II, Devourer II (resists acid, cold, fire, electric, sonic)

2. Proving ground: Combines Grandmaster's Dojo, Armory, Archery Range and Tactical Training Room (+2 will save, +6 AC, +15% fortification, +2% doubleshot, +6 critical dmg, +1 DC trip/sunder/slicing, +2 hit)

3. Greensteel Crafting Room (Altars of Fecundity, Invasion, Subjugation, Devastation)

If we keep the cargo bay buffs for a long time we can swap the large Greensteel Crafting Room with
Collegium of the Twelve (Wild Grove, Crusader's chapel, Arcane Sanctum, Trapsmith's workshop) or even the
Bathhouse (+10% healing amp, unconscious range extended by 15 HP

If we also keep the +2 stat buffs we free up 3 small slots

If we only go for the resist 30 elemental buffs we can free up the large Grand Relinquary II, but the Grand Reliquary is slightly better since it also gives elemental absorption at higher levels).

Keeping the tavern, bank, auction house in the cargo bay will free up 2 small slots.

There are many more possible buffs that we can pick so we have to make a choice. The above is just an example of how it could be. I'm sure the choice will NOT be what shown above.

We should try to find buffs that most can benefit from, but also some that the GROUP can benefit from. E. g. the Danger room is great because it gives the trapper better chance to spot and disable the traps.

From the dev responses in the thread there are still a lot of things up in the air. Hopefully they will post up some more detailed final decisions soon.

Peter said: "What do you think? Do we have enough mules to store extensions or should be just let the cargo hold buffs die when the current extensions run out of time?"

Have you forgotten one of our most important Guild mottos? EVERYTHING MUST DIE!! :)

Peter said: "What do you think? Do we have enough mules to store extensions or should be just let the cargo hold buffs die when the current extensions run out of time?"

Have you forgotten one of our most important Guild mottos? EVERYTHING MUST DIE!! :)

Our other motto is "Corwin kill yourself so we can carry your soulstone and raise you on the other side." ;)

I have a spare slot, leftover from the Shadowfell pre-order, so I can make a amenities bank toon. Though tbh, the only thing I'd save are the resists, since I think it's looking like the new ones will stack (guild bonus vs enhancement bonus), giving us 45 resistances base. Even then though, most casters (basically all except Bards) get resist energy as a spell, so that's not exactly a critical thing to grab. Most of the other critical stuff is duplicated, sometimes better, in the new amenities.

I signed up for VIP so I picked up a stack of character slots. It would be no problem to create 2 or 3 mules for the extensions.

No time tonight, but I'll dig into the new stuff and offer some thoughts later if I have any.

Two items:

1. It is probably premature to start laying out the new ship, but I'll put in my two cents worth: bar, bank, training dummy, guild chest & mailbox on top. Auctioneer there would be nice too, but not essential, & I'd rather have mailbox rather than auctioneer if it comes to a choice between them.

2. I will be out a week from today, and probably much of next week. We've got two mids graduating next Friday, and we'll be throwing a big party that night for them & their families. It will be a busy week for us.

The ship buffs you're mentioning are NOT present as is on the new ships. Instead you might find them in packs with other buffs. E. g. the bank will be in the guild vault. The bar will instead consist of several vendors. Mailbox will be together with auctioneer and banker etc.

I haven't seen the training dummy except a static dummy in one of the sets.

You need to see them on Lamannia to get a good picture of what these do. However, the buffs are so buggy at the moment that you can't make many conclusions.

When it comes to mailbox vs auctioneer (hopefully they will be in the same amenity on the new ships) I think opinions differ.

I like to have the auction house on the ship because I can then quickly check if there is something I want to buy. I do that when I hang out on the airship. I only need the mailbox when I have bought an item on the AH. I probably use AH 70% / mailbox 30%.

However, BOTH amenities are available from the harbor just next to the airship entrance so NEITHER are essential. So it takes a very short time to get to both.

I have made a guild on Lamannia and upgraded it to level 200. I got the Man of Arms airship and shards from Sir Poincelot. So I bought all amenities and played around placing them.

So far you can only place amenities on deck 2. The others have place holders, but they don't work. Amenities can be placed, but no description and buff effects yet.

There is a bug where the exit of the amenity can't be rotated so you can only add something useful in holds facing a certain directory. Otherwise you lock yourself in or can't access the hold.

So far the guild ships are too buggy, but with the next update this week we can hope for a version we can play with.

If you want to be invited to the guild then post here your toon name and I can send an invite and upgrade you to officer. You can also create your own guild and get guild levels from the Guide inside the dojo and shards from Sir Poincelot

Please let me know what you run this Friday, & I'll try to make it up next week. Thanks.

If we run the lowbies, we'll be knocking out STK (oh yippee). After that, depending on how folks stand level-wise, we'll have some decisions to make. We've got the two Cerulean Hills quests available plus the beginning of Tangles. I'm hoping to skip Tangles with the group if we can manage it XP-wise. It's rather boring and ranging from level 3 to level 7 makes it unnecessarily complicated to coordinate. Since RhoGu was lagging behind, I've already run Tangles outdoors, Kobold Assault, and Redfang. If I need to repeat those for the rest of the group, that's perfectly fine. IIRC, RhoGu is close to 3rd rank of level 5.

My lowbie, Marahnna, has just reached level 6 (she's at rank 31), so don't hold levels on her account. Just let me know what you do, & I'll get her caught up with the group. Have fun!

Last edited:
We've got a handful of groups going now based on the people present at any given time, so I thought it might be helpful to put together a post spelling out what each group is working on. Feel free to add other groups that I'm not a part of (there's an epic group going and I think there's an 18-20 group going as well).

Friday lowbies (lvl6): finish STK, run Depths chain, a few lvl4 house quests, Searing Heights

pickup mids (lvl12): Shadow Crypt, VoN raid, Restless Isles

Friday regulars (lvl21): Shroud run, IQ1 (Jeets), Litany, IQ2 (dreaming)

My TR plans going forward are starting to take shape. I want to get Botdu capped (currently lvl16) and bring him around as a healbot again. Second, I want to bring someone (maybe Shadohe once Klubbir gets higher up?) around for a nice vanilla pointy stick life. Needless to say, I've got a good bit of work ahead of me before I can do any of that.

Wait, the mids are level 12?

Plans:
I'm debating converting Rachail to a Swashbuckler SWF build or TRing Susaidh since she has a bunch of shortswords already.

I'd like to do a Monk-based stick build, that'd be Aneira.

Mirys is still on tap to be LR'ed into a 20 Sorc for the past life, then TRed into a caster Druid again, this time in a decent race. I'll probably hold this one until the next TR group, since Druids work well in the short-man group dynamic.

I want to TR my fighter soon, but want to get her another cleansing stone first. Not sure what I want to turn her into yet. I still have toons at lower to mid levels if anyone needs company.

Wait, the mids are level 12?
Yeah, we took 12. We finished off Sorrowdusk, Von3/4, and Red Fens over the weekend. We did not run Shadow Crypt since I know you needed that one. We'll take a 10% penalty when we run it, but the XP should still be huge. I'm sure we'll be happy to repeat things if you need them, but I was thinking you were very close to lvl12 and that Shadow would get you there.

I just updated my list of Toons on the other thread, Hadn't updated the list since Nov 2012, so definitely was needed :)

Proposed Epic Three Barrel Cove Loot

Some interesting proposed loot posted by devs on Lamania board for epic three barrel cove:

https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthread.php/442169-Epic-Three-Barrel-Cove-Treasure

Personally, I'll be farming for these:

Orcish Privateer’s Boots
Speed X, Feat: Freedom of Movement, Sovereign Fire Resistance, Fire Absorbtion 30%, Clear Augment Slot (Preslotted - Intimidate +15)

Coffin Nail (Dart)
3.5[w], +7 Enhancement Bonus, 8% Doubleshot, Keen III, Improved Paralyzing, Improved Slowburst, Improved Vorpal, Red Slot (Note that the weapon will actually be 4[w] due to the extra 0.5 from Imp. Vorpal)

Drowned Priest’s Torch (Scepter)
+7 Enhancement Bonus, Combustion 114, Insightful Faith, Yellow Augment Slot (preslotted: Underwater Action), Red Augment Slot (preslotted: Devotion 114) (Insightful Faith: +2 Insight Bonus to turn level, +2 Insight to maximum hit dice, +4 Insight to total hit dice)
stretch goal: insightful faith into red augment, slotted; devotion 114 as a base mutation

Saint Mur’ay's Fire (Rune Arm)
Electrical Storm, Max Charge Tier V, Imbue: Electric VI, Potency +76, Magnetism +114, Inherent Elemental Resistance, Greater Arcane Lore, Blue Augment Slot​

Back
Top Bottom