Gothic Just installed Gothic... and no CG Video.

jakebaker13

Watchdog
My box of Gothic Universe finally arrived and I got around to installing Gothic a few hours ago but there is a problem… the cut-scenes are blank… kind of. It's strange, after I select "New Game" the loading screen comes up and then about 3/4 of the way through I start hearing audio for the cut-scene but the loading screen stays there. It stays like that until either that game starts up or I hit escape. I don't know jack about computers so I'm at a loss. I have all my video card drivers up to date. I figured I should mention that.

Oh and some random information: I'm running Win7 64 bit, 2 6870's, and version 1.08j. I don't know if any of that is relevent but I figured I should also mention that stuff too.

If anybody has had this problem or knows of a way I could go about fixing it that would be fantastic, that is if I even need to. If it is just one video at the start of the game I don't think I will be too worried about it.

If you download and install the Bink player…
http://www.radgametools.com/default.htm

Then in the player, select any of the .Bik files located in the video folder. The files should play because they are 32bit .bik files and so is the player. This would mean you graphics card is capable of playing them….but they will not normally play through the Win-7-64bit system, the embedded player is 32bit.dll.

I don't think there is a Win-7- 64/32bit capable .dll file.

Maybe read the Bink FAQ to get more info'…technically there could be a way but would need some experimenting and tweeking of some files?

http://www.radgametools.com/binkfaq.htm

Good luck

Could also be an AA issue. Disable AA in your graphics driver and try again.

It seems I just had to disable video scaling. I just got it up and running. Thanks though you guys.

I played the actual game for a bit last night and it seems rather... difficult. That's not to say it's not good. It looks fantastic, but I might need to toughen myself up on a few games first before I dive in to this series.

It is very difficult early on - and very rewarding.

Back
Top Bottom