Good Old Games - Announces Gothic 2 Gold and Spellforce Platinum

You are the only person I have ever seen claim they enjoyed Gothic 3 more than Gothic 2+NotR. I enjoyed G3 a great deal, but it is nowhere near the quality and overall experience of G2+NotR.

Even PB admitted that G2 was slightly off the gothic (G1) track, so much so, that they revisited G1 again but in a newer, more explained way with the actual clues now semi-disguised within the game dialogue, yet still the majority of gothic players "just don't get the plot" - they are not "beginning to see the light" - "the penny hasn't dropped"

G1 - is still the undisputed king (hasn't been solved).

G2 - has no known underlying hidden content even though NoTR was an extra challenge content for the fans.

G3 - Is the most logically advanced (as in simple grammar logic) and therefore "solve-able" of the bunch, and as yet still remains unsolved to date - meaning that from the beginning of the series no-one has yet come to see any definitive conclusion within the series.

Currently enjoying G3 much more than the very good but conceptual unchallengeing G2.

Regards from Wulf -
your most dedicated and devoted gothic eternal wanderer.

I enjoyed Gothic 3 a lot more than Gothic 2 - but my enjoyment ended after ~30 hours when I finally realised just how flawed and buggy it was, and I discovered that all my effort to improve combat skills was futile because there really wasn't anything better than "fast-attack" and you could basically defeat all enemies in the entire game with just that attack.

But I enjoyed the original Gothic most of all, and think of it as the best freeform CRPG in existence.

Gothic 2 - while a marvellous game - didn't have the kind of structure that I enjoy, and to me it felt too rigid. I don't remember if Gothic had chapters, but I don't recall the same linearity - or feeling of linearity that I got from G2. I think it might just have been me, but I'd had enough of the game before I got half-way through it, and I never completed it.

I've tried getting back to it, but I always stop around when you get to the old mining colony again, and I find that area dreadfully dull to revisit.

But, Gothic 3 had me completely spellbound and absorbed for a long while - and I still have a near-constant urge to play it again, but the combat system is simply too horrible for me to deal with.

I love all the Gothic games, but for me G2 remains one of my top 5 games of all time. G1 is in my top 10 or so RPG's, and G3 not in my top 50 overall games.

Even PB admitted that G2 was slightly off the gothic (G1) track, so much so, that they revisited G1 again but in a newer, more explained way with the actual clues now semi-disguised within the game dialogue, yet still the majority of gothic players "just don't get the plot" - they are not "beginning to see the light" - "the penny hasn't dropped"

G1 - is still the undisputed king (hasn't been solved).

G2 - has no known underlying hidden content even though NoTR was an extra challenge content for the fans.

G3 - Is the most logically advanced (as in simple grammar logic) and therefore "solve-able" of the bunch, and as yet still remains unsolved to date - meaning that from the beginning of the series no-one has yet come to see any definitive conclusion within the series.

Currently enjoying G3 much more than the very good but conceptual unchallengeing G2.

Regards from Wulf -
your most dedicated and devoted gothic eternal wanderer.
I still fail to understand what you mean.
Gothic is a game a great one too.It's not an equation and I can't understand what's there to solve/guess.

For me the G3 combat is beautiful, with the shield held forward, and then holding the left mouse until the 1h sword is fully retracted, then released, is unparalleled - then take one step backward and repeat - this way i kill sabretooths and mummies in 2 or 3 prods (timing is critical) - this has a stun effect on single opponents so as to prime and give time for the next prod. The recoil effect of the full circle attack is also amazing...yes it can be mastered by those that endeavour...also killing quest npc's within human combat is not a pre-requisite to quest completion when considering allignment to Adanos.
Currently 260 hours into G3 on L70, had to double-back to L50 4 times now as getting onto the critical path is extremely difficult, even now i suspect i've gone wrong...got to get into Ishtar yet remain alligned to Innos ((no contentious (to unhostiles) liberations yet)) all before relinquishing the Adanos artifacts - but i'll stay with it because i'm convinced it can be done - the quest selection path is very difficult, reputation is everything....there's a continual quest tendency to be waylayed and be detracted from the true course...conceptual goal achievement doesn't get any better than in G3 strategy gameplay.
Hack-n-slash questing just doesn't work.
@Kostaz.
There is extra content in G1 = via chromanin.
There is extra content in G3 = via the unknown land.

Both have the same concept, they are in-game rewards for staying true to all gods.
In both cases the access to the portal of Adanos is enabled.

'Xardas' is the only means of gaining this access. Only when Xardas's becomes aware that his devious intentions with our nameless hero have not succeeded is an extra dialogue content opened up. This is why the gods have been forsaken - by Xardas himself.

I know what, where and when this happens in G1 but have yet to learn just how it happens in G3, though i suspect it will be similar, i am working hard to solve this..and enjoying G3 at the same time because i know what i want and what i must do to solve the puzzle.

Now can you see why G3 is beautiful?

My best regards to the Piranhas, i hope they take their time with Risen as i suspect it will take some time yet in solving the G3 puzzle. :D

Hmmm not sure I understand a word of what you said but good luck with finding whatever it is you're looking for.
Any link or description for that "chromanin" I'm sure I've heard it before but haven't really looked into it.

I don't think we want to open this can of worms here.

Back
Top Bottom