I Like Cheap Games

T

Toff

Based on info in here and the fact I have been away from gaming for several years I just picked up:

Kings Bounty: The Legend
Mount and Blade
The Dark Eye: Drakensang

All for $34 shipped. I like. I miss having a good single player RPG to mess around in.

Hi all,

I consider myself an old school gamer that doesn't game much anymore. I still have my Basic D&D book in the attic along with all the AD&D stuff. Remember Gamma World, I loved that game, my book is well worn. Played Boot Hill a bit back then also. First computer was an IBM PC jr and I spent alot of time in Ultima 3 and Wizardry 1. I can still type Tiltowait in .1 seconds. Loved all the SSI D&D games plus many more. Balder Gate, Icewind Dale, Torment (very weird), AC1, WoW plus many others I had forgotten about till I read the title in a thread here.

I haven't played hardly anything in years now (besides MMORPGs which are incredible fun but just to time intensive so I even quite them a few years ago) so I enjoy seeing older games go cheap.

WoW actually totally burnt me out of gaming, so much that when I quit I had zero desire to touch a game for 2 years. Now I am slowly and safely coming back to single player games only.

The forums here look to be filled with nice people who still enjoy the good old school RPGs so I thought I'd hang out a bit.

Welcome to the community Toff!

With that gaming history you certainly found the right place. :) Terrifyingly missing from your list though was Fallout 1 & 2 and Betrayal at Krondor.

BTW, if you like Kings Bounty: TL, make sure to try Armored Princess, it's even better.

Give The Witcher a shot too, IMO, best RPG released in years.

I'm sure you'll fit right in. We've got old-school gamers and we even have Corwin, so we have ancient, before-there-were-schools gamers too :D I was channeling CM when I typed this, Corwin!

Back
Top Bottom