What games are you playing now?

Dying Light still continues to impress and surprise me. Just when I thought I had explored most of the map, the main plotline takes me to a whole new area that seems to be as large as the original map.

It's hard for me to believe that this game was developed by the same people who made Dead Island. Dying Light is vastly superior in every conceivable way.

I really should be playing Pillars of Eternity or carrying on with M&M X, but I'm just not feeling it. It's not an ideal RPG-playing time, since I've written something like 60,000 words in last month. I think my brain's just rebelling against anything else that detailed.

So I'm still playing around with Cities Skylines, trying out weird shapes and trying to figure out how so many people make huge, perfectly curved roads and intersections. It's always nice to have a game like that, where you can spend an hour or so tinkering without actually having to invest that much energy.

Dying Light still continues to impress and surprise me. Just when I thought I had explored most of the map, the main plotline takes me to a whole new area that seems to be as large as the original map.

It's hard for me to believe that this game was developed by the same people who made Dead Island. Dying Light is vastly superior in every conceivable way.

Hehe, maybe it's time for you to motivate me, as I stopped playing it a while ago.

What would you say are the best aspects of it? Is the story worth it?

I thought the visuals and the "action" was great - but I didn't really feel compelled to go exploring, and the story seemed quite so-so.

Do those aspects improve?

Hehe, maybe it's time for you to motivate me, as I stopped playing it a while ago.

What would you say are the best aspects of it? Is the story worth it?

I thought the visuals and the "action" was great - but I didn't really feel compelled to go exploring, and the story seemed quite so-so.

Do those aspects improve?

I'm a little more than 50% through the main plotline now, and I'd say it's pretty average so far. It's definitely not a game you would play through just for the story.

Where it shines is in the exploration and the atmosphere. It's also very good at slowly introducing new things (enemy types, etc.) to keep it interesting. I'm in a new city now that looks completely different from the one where the game begins.

The exploration never reaches the same level as something from Bethesda or PB, but I think it's the best among games that use this paradigm.

I would have rated it around a 7/10 at the start, but it's a solid 8/10 to me now.

I'm a little more than 50% through the main plotline now, and I'd say it's pretty average so far. It's definitely not a game you would play through just for the story.

Where it shines is in the exploration and the atmosphere. It's also very good at slowly introducing new things (enemy types, etc.) to keep it interesting. I'm in a new city now that looks completely different from the one where the game begins.

The exploration never reaches the same level as something from Bethesda or PB, but I think it's the best among games that use this paradigm.

I think I would have rated it around a 7/10 at the start, but it's a solid 8/10 to me now.

Hmm, I'm pretty big on exploration, as you know.

I'll get back to it soonish, I hope ;)

Thanks.

I would have rated it around a 7/10 at the start, but it's a solid 8/10 to me now.

It does look like an interesting game, but I just can't take zombies anymore. They're worse than brown lensflare during quicktime events. :p

(OK, maybe not that bad.)

Started Bioshock Infinite but the beginning is just dumb. I hope the game gets better.

Also started Dead Space 1 but decided I'm not in the mood for a horror game.

Settled on Crysis: Warhead which is just more of the same but its a good same. I do love the suit.

playing Bloodborne Ps4

bad for a compulsive player like me that must kill EVERY enemy

good thing theres no death penalty (besides progress loss)

its been almost 10 year since its release but 'm finally in Dungeons&Dragons Online))))
love dnd, love the gameplay

That article the other day inspired me to install DDO again as well. Now to find time to play.

Otherwise Sniper Elite 2 has been my main game lately after I completed Kingdoms of Amalur which I actually quite enjoyed. Raining down the meteor spell never got old for me.

Am also about 40% of the way through my first play through to KOTOR and since I discovered the console code to up the size of my party a bit more of the NWN2 OC.

-kaos

No one is playing gta5 ?

No one is playing gta5 ?

I am. It's a great port, btw. Runs smooth as hell, with almost everything set to max. And looks great as hell also. Not the best looking game on PC, but when you consider how huge it is, and everything is seamlessly loaded in the background, it's amazing. But I haven't gotten very far into it, as I'm jumping back and forth between it and Mortal Kombat X, which is also a good game, especially with friends.

its been almost 10 year since its release but 'm finally in Dungeons&Dragons Online))))
love dnd, love the gameplay

That article the other day inspired me to install DDO again as well. Now to find time to play.

Otherwise Sniper Elite 2 has been my main game lately after I completed Kingdoms of Amalur which I actually quite enjoyed. Raining down the meteor spell never got old for me.

Am also about 40% of the way through my first play through to KOTOR and since I discovered the console code to up the size of my party a bit more of the NWN2 OC.

-kaos
Obviously up to y'all, but allow me to mention that RPGWatch has a DDO guild on the Khyber server. Feel free to join if you desire. There's info via the "Team Corwin" thread in Off-Topic and the sticky thread in MMO.

I'm playing around with quite a few games currently. In the last 2 weeks I've played:

Serpent in the Staglands beta
Drakensang
Elminage Gothic
Valkyria Chronicles
Pillars of Eternity

It's nice to bounce around a bit and play whatever I'm feeling at the moment. In the past I'd feel a sort of obligation to finish them one by one, but these days I like to play whatever I like, whenever I like. :)

Back
Top Bottom