The Totally NEW Team Corwin Thread

For those not aware, Sibrey/Malboga was hacked by a former friend/guildy. Another point for being a sociopath. At any rate, as he has an alt in the guild, I have emptied the general chests to prevent theft. Suisaidh is now the guild general chest, until further notice.

Sibrey has been gutted, and now has no gear. We've managed to snag a fair bit of the mats posted to the AH, but he lost alot of stuff. Other characters are unknown, as of now. He also does not have access to his account, so until further notice, take that into account as well.

Cairii is muling for Sibrey right now.

The guy who hacked Sibrey challenged us to beat him in PVP for the password. After wiping the floor with several of us in 1v1, we fought him in a 6v1 deathmatch, and won 5-2. So Sibrey is back alive, and is working on recovering things.

Can't this creep be reported? I hope Sib has now changed his PW so he can't be hacked again; this is ridiculous!!

We tried. His guild leader put in a ticket in-game while the guy was running around DDO gutting Sibrey's toons, & taunting Sib & his guild the entire time. We were hoping the GM would at least freeze things till Monday, when the customer service reps become available. No go. Sib was the main victim in this, but the attack was clearly aimed at the entire guild, not just Sib.

Also, because he reported his accounts stolen, both to Gmail & DDO, come Monday, he may lose access to them again till he straightens stuff out.

Both Sib & his guild members expressed great appreciation for those who rallied to help Sib with this jerk.

One thing that came out of this is that I think we forged some very good relations with the Crusaders guild. Their guild leader is interested in doing joint guild runs, perhaps for raids, and said to definitely invite him when we're planning on doing them.

On side note, don't ever attempt to go against Sib in PvP in melee … his toon is really, really well built (yes, Sib, I want you on my team as the tank ;) ). This guy didn't really know how to play the toon properly (though he's really good at PvP), and individually we lasted maybe 3 seconds. We got lucky because we were so bad against him individually that he offered to fight us as a group. We had brought out our best toons who just happened to be casters (also lucky). Ruins and polar rays and such, won the day. Final score: Good guys 5, hacker 2.

I hope that hacker gets banned from DDO, we don't need people like that. I think it's great to form good relationships with other Guilds; perhaps we should share friends lists or something so we all know when people are online, or is there an easier way?

Looks like there's been another update at least since Friday night for those that don't run as reg.

Yeah, there was downtime for one posted when I jumped on last night but I didn't get any update. I was a bit confused.

So then, I believe we're going to have all hands on deck this week. That puts us on the 13s. Those toons were actually up for VoN5/6 next. Unfortunate, that, but there you go.

The patch was loaded this morning, just finished updating on my machine. Release notes:

Update 25 Patch 3 Release Notes

Changes include +6 & +7 tomes and tomes of fate in daily dice. Wonder where on the list that puts the +4's?

I didn't spot anything new in the Known Issues List.

My level 28 paladin, Peters, is now finally ready to ETR (12th time for 4th twist slot) and then TR to level 1 for the next group.

He has been played intensively to get the best loot possible for him. Today he finally upgraded his Thunderforged khopeshes to tier 3 taking Mortal fear using the 30 shadow dragon phlogs and Draconic reinvigoration using his 30 fire dragon phlogs.

He will remain at 28 farming seeds for future ETR's until we are ready to form a new TR group. Any idea when that could happen? Some said end of May.

I had a goal to get this toon completely setup before Witcher 3 came out and I managed to do it with 11 days to spare. :) Looking forward to playing Geralt again and Ciri (new female witcher).

I believe Reywind needed some time away to move back to Oz, so he can bite heads off bats again. So the Next TR will be when he gets back, IIRC.

Mureall is ready to TR, though I could use some shards and mats for GS weapons. IIRC, I need 1 regular, 1 Greater Shard, 2 Supreme, and probably a few larges. I'll have to do an inventory to make sure.

Unfortunately, I have no one else in ETRing range; Mirys is near 28, but I need to leave her there for group play. All my other "epic" characters are 20-22, and sorely to horribly undergeared.

Both Reywind and I have recently TR'd toons who are now at level 6 or 7 so the rest of you could TR and we'll join in once you get to that level. Or, we could if necessary LR them back a level or 2.

Both Reywind and I have recently TR'd toons who are now at level 6 or 7 so the rest of you could TR and we'll join in once you get to that level. Or, we could if necessary LR them back a level or 2.
Yeah, I had parked Shadohe at 5 with similar plans but I started running her again because she solos fairly well. Most likely, I'll put Botdu with the next group since a healbot is fairly pointless without a party to heal. He's on his way to being a chest blesser, too, so he might be popular. He's sitting just into lvl7 but he used some XP gems to help get there so he hasn't run much of anything. He'd need to pick up some coin lords favor for the 5th bag, but beyond that I don't really care about the gaping hole in his quest log.

I did take a look at Klubbir from a saga standpoint. I know the group splintered a bit, but I'd assume at least a few of us would be in the same boat for completing sagas. We've actually put a good dent in the sagas so it makes sense to run a few more quests and cash in. She needs:
-Don't Drink the Water and Belly of the Beast, one on EE, other on EH
-one epic elite from the Spinner chain, I'd assume the easiest would be Spinner1
Don't have a schedule in mind for that, but it's some options to keep in our pocket when we're looking for something to do.

I'll be ready to TR Lyahnna when the group is ready. I plan to do another rogue life on her. And, I'll be happy to help with completing sagas/shroud runs till then.

As far as tomorrow night, Sib won't be able to stay for the run, but he'll be there at 7pm to collect his gear from those of us who grabbed it off the AH for him. Are we still running the lowbies?

On a different note, Conjure Bolts scrolls now actually work. I ran Lyahnna thru an EE FoT tonight using just conjured bolts, and everything worked fine. :)

I may be out this evening. Sorry for short notice. I'll send skype if I get back before you quit

This will be my last Friday night until sometime in mid June most likely as I fly to Vancouver on Tuesday and I don't know what the plans are. After this week, you could all start running the next TR group, as I will be bringing along my druid who is just into level 6. He has completed all the Level 1, 2 (Except Stealthy), 3's (Except for STK, and 1 or 2 other quests. I don't think I've run Waterworks either. My level 6 is a Third Life Druid (Caster).

With Bot sitting about 100XP into level 7, I'll have some waiting to do, which is fine. I need to run him thru Sharn for Coin Lord favor, but I probably shouldn't do that with the group since I'll hit the party with a stout over-level penalty.

I was under the impression that the 13's were going to be our new mains. Is that no longer the case? We've got some party composition problems with the 13's given the painful lack of melee, so I could understand the interest in going a different direction if that was the case. That said, if we're getting the new group started, I'll need to know what everyone's running so I can roll out a new chapter in Ye Auld Big Booke, particularly since everyone's plans might be changing (like mine did).

edit- on second thought, the penalty wouldn't be overly painful since Sharn is lvl6 on elite. We'd still need to be smart about it, though since we often run Sharn "under elite".

I will be running a TWF paladin using khopeshes. That means one melee slot filled. He will be able to cast restoration, death ward, remove curse / disease and spot heals at higher levels. So he can work as a semi divine if needed.

We run all quests on elite on heroic at least. We don't have to have bravery bonus in every quest. Especially since there is so much content that we will have to bypass some or do above level for the favor.

Some of us will be at level 5-7 for the new TR group. That means only a few of us need to go all the way through Korthos. Not all are third lifers. Some like me have XP tomes and XP pots (if needed).

So I propose people find the toons they would like to assign to the new TR group and then we just play what we can when we are all together. If some miss quests below the BB level then we do them for favor. Remember that you still get a lot of XP running at elite even if you don't get bravery bonus.

Those of us starting from level 1 can get together on other week days and play up to level 6 or whatever we need to join the ones parked. That can start as soon as we have the list of new TR toons ready. I think running the level 4+ quests will start once Reywind is back in Australia.

Back
Top Bottom