SpellForce 3 (its a prequel)

D

Deleted member 18181

Was just added on steam http://store.steampowered.com/app/311290/ , looks awesome in those pics :)

SpellForce 3 - The perfect blend between RTS and RPG!

SpellForce 3 goes back to the roots of the SpellForce saga. The story takes place before the acclaimed SpellForce: The Order of Dawn and the players becomes a part of a rich high fantasy world named Eo.

Features:
*RTS/RPG Mix: Unique gameplay combining RTS and Top Down RPG genres
*Create & Customize: Create your own hero and develop his skillset as you prefer!
*Build to Fight: Build your own army and fight epic mass battles with it.
*Epic Storyline: Unravel a deep and epic story in the SpellForce universe that doesnt require having played any of the former SpellForce games. Fans will still find a lot of interesting connections.
*Rich universe & lore: Explore the world Eo and discover intrigues, secrets and a lot of loot for your hero.
*Apply some tactics: Use advance tactics with your RTS army to defeat your enemies
*Play on your own: Long Single Player Campaign of 30+ hours
*Multiplayer: Strong multiplayer component with various modes - Play cooperatively or compete against each other

I never played first two. Screenshots reminded me too much on horrible NWN plus I've read some comments that while the idea looks fresh on start, becomes old fast.

In any case I see they slapped "multiplayer" as a part of the third game so I'll just stick to the plan of getting all sci fi RPGs in next couple of years and something aside only if feels a musthave.

I really enjoyed the first game, but never got too much into the second one (not blaming the game) … this looks interesting, but I am not so eager that I can't wait a bit …

Its not remotely like Nwn. The first game was like an 80 hr campaign and it was hard as hell. If you dont want to play multi then dont. It has exactly zero to do with the single player game. As good as the first one was, the second was better, although shorter. I wish there were more games of this genre.

Joxer, you could get the games on sale for a few bucks and see if you like one of them. If you didnt like rts games then you are probably wasting youe time then.

The view is zoomed out really far compared to the previous games. I wonder if they're concentrating more on the strategy aspect this time.

Play on your own: Long Single Player Campaign of 30+ hours
Multiplayer: Strong multiplayer component with various modes - Play cooperatively or compete against each other

I'm definetly not prerdering this.
Will wait till someone confirms singleplayer part is worth price they'll ask before I buy.

horrible NWN

Now you've just gone too far...

The SpellForce series seems interesting but I haven't gotten to it yet. I do like the zoomed out style in a game like this as it makes it seem more like a tactical or strategical game rather than a 3rd-person adventure. I think the screenshots on GOG look really lovely.

I'll probably buy this game on a Steam sale at some point as I enjoyed the previous games, but the changes made by the developer have given me a feeling of unease.

Also as a side note the developer used to be called Coreplay, and they made the new Jagged Alliance games, and the abandoned RPG Chaos Chronicles from 2013.

1. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Coreplay
Grimlore Games was founded in December 2013 by Nordic Games GmbH with key members of former Munich based game development Studio Coreplay to develop high quality and innovative games. The main focus of the team is top down based games in the RTS and RPG genre for core gamers. Nordic Games is dedicated to bring great games to gamers all around the world. Owning many well known genre leading IPs serves as a baseline for developing new games.
Grimlore is mainly focused on games for PC, MAC and Linux but has a core technology that is also ready for consoles and mobile/tablet platforms.

Now you've just gone too far…
Well its no surprise that Joxer hates NWN, and the Aurora game engine. As I still remember the various threads about the game, and he always repeats himself.

Back
Top Bottom