South Park - Delayed in Germany & Austria

Couchpotato

Part-Time News-bot
If you happen to live in Germany & Austria and were hoping to play the new South Park: The Stick of Truth RPG you will have to wait longer. It seems Ubisoft forgot to take out a unconstitutional symbol.

Here are the Steam details.

We’re sorry to inform you that we are unable to deliver your pre-ordered version of South Park: The Stick of Truth on March 6th as initially planned. The German and Austrian version of South Park: The Stick of Truth contains an unconstitutional symbol which means that we are unfortunately not able to release the game on the German and Austrian market at this time. This concerns all versions/platforms of the game. There is no need to amend or cancel your pre-order. A new release date of South Park: The Stick of Truth for the German and Austrian market will be announced shortly, and we will ensure that your order is delivered to coincide with this new date.

We are extremely sorry for the additional waiting time, and thank you for your understanding.
More information.

Censorship is so time consuming...

You know I was kidding right? Lol
I know just posted that for the less obvious readers on this site. I'm not sure I can post the symbol since the site were on is based in Germany.

Still I wonder what idiot left it in the game in the first place. Every developer, and publisher should know this will happen.o_O

You can show them in movies. Games aren't treated the same way yet.

Let's put it that way: No publisher tried to file a lawsuit against the court decision from 1998 (german). Games have been acknowledged as an art form by the legislative in 2008 (also german).

IMO any kind of censorship is silly.
Governments are paying some people to do - nothing useful.
I mean cmon. We're in internet era. If something is insulting or something, we hear about it before it's even made, are we really so stupid we can't decide on our own will we buy it or not, but there has to be someone else who'll ban it?

However, a publisher or a store should avoid a possible lawsuit thus autocensoring the symbol in a game for a certain market is understandable.

On the other hand it feels good to know the end result of the Super Bowl and the Academy Awards some seconds before the US TV audience. It gives you a slight advance to post it on Twitter.

Back
Top Bottom