7 Days to Die - open world zombie rpg

xSamhainx

Paws of Doom
Original Sin Donor
You should back this one if the sound of a post-apocalyptic zombie-infested open world survival game w/ both SP and MP sounds good.

as of 7-27-13 @ 1:30 pm
Backers
$70,437
pledged of $200,000 goal
18 days to go

7 Days to Die

An open world, voxel-based, sandbox game blending the best elements of FPS, Survival Horror, Tower Defense and Role Playing Games.

7 Days to Die is an open world, voxel-based, sandbox game that is a unique mash up of First Person Shooter, Survival Horror, Tower Defense and Role Playing Games combining combat, crafting, looting, mining, exploration, and character growth.

In the near future where the a third world war leaves the Earth in ruins but the worst was yet to come. Nobody knows for sure if it was the radiation, the biochemical weapons or an act of god but an unknown virus soon transforms the surviving humans into an army of the animated dead, acting as a single-minded being.

You play a survivor trapped in the savage zombie infested world of Navezgane County Arizona one of the last true Eden’s on Earth. Ironically Navezgane means “Killer of Monsters” to the Apache who have inhabited the land for centuries, and that’s pretty much what you’ll do as you fight to survive and search for the truth behind what really happened.

The World - Explore a beautiful, hand crafted, voxel world with a multitude of biomes including: wastelands, forests, snowy mountains, pine forests, plains, deserts, burn forests and radiation zones.

Points of Interest - Discover hundreds of great Points of Interests ranging from caves, campsites to cities and skyscrapers. Each and every building can be explored inside and out.

Dynamic Story Generation - The story unfolds through our “Dynamic Story Generation System” which guides the player to other survivors, better loot and undiscovered Points of Interests through story note quests.

Basic Survival - Scavenge the world for food and water maintaining and boosting health, food, stamina and hydration levels. Grow and harvest a variety of crops and hunt, track or domesticate a multitude of wildlife to live off the land.

Day and Night Game Play - Spend the day looting, mining, crafting and building up your forts defenses as light slows down and weakens the zombies. Hold up somewhere safe at night as the lunar cycle speeds up and strengthens the zombies.

Looting, Mining and Crafting - Loot and mine a multitude of items and ingredients to create hundreds of items including melee weapons, guns, traps, generators, motorized tools, motion detectors, landmines, auto-turrets, salves, potions and more using our 5x5 grid Crafting System.

Relentless and Special Enemies - Enemies will claw, jump, climb and break their way through the world in order to get to you. They can see, smell and hear the player and can work in a group. And watch out for the unique special infected enemies like the Acid Puking Hulk whose acidic vomit can melt blocks.

Block Physics and Stability - Our Physics System simulates real-time structural integrity, durability and mass. Blocks don’t float in the air nor can you build an unsound unsupported structure. Build it right or watch it come crumbling down. Weak blocks can even fall from the weight of the player or zombies.

Item Quality and Food & Water Purity - Every item in the game has a quality level and degrades with use and combine items to create better items. All Food and water items have a purity level the higher the purity level. The higher the health and stamina benefits. Improve crafting to make better items. Improve cooking to make purer food and water.

Stealth and Distraction System - Crouch and sneak your way past enemies or throw objects to distract them. Find or craft sight, sound or smell deterrents and attractor recipes and items to exploit the sight, hearing or smell of the zombies to throw them off track.

XP and Skill Trees - Earn XP and upgrade your skills to become the ultimate Bruiser, Gun Nut, Gadget Man, Chemist or Stealth Agent. Upgrade your melee skill learning to craft better melee weapons and swing them harder & faster and even learn special finishing moves.

Solo, Cooperative and Multiplayer - Play solo, coop or multiplayer in our unique Zombie Nomad Mode be a human, a bandit or a zombie for a no rules experience. Watch the leader boards and fight to be the Big Clan of the Wasteland or the Duke of Navezgane.

Creative User Tools - Build your own worlds and play them with friends using the Creative Mode Tools featuring hundreds of block shapes, prefabs and random generation tools. Create dedicated servers with your own unique game rules and settings.

Dayum... if it weren't for the zombies I would have pledged for sure o_O

That's a lot of features crammed into one game. Almost seems too good to be true.

I'm surprised more people aren't talking about this though. These guys need to get the word out.

Maybe many people do what I did when I first saw it.

I read as far as the word zombies and then stopped.

Maybe they should just say open world RPG that would peak more interest than another zombie game. At least then I'd get to reading all the features before I'm hit in the face with zombies.

It's really a shame. But I guess every game needs zombies to be popular nowadays (I'm looking at you S.P.A.Z.)

That's a lot of features crammed into one game. Almost seems too good to be true.

Normally I would share the exact same sentiment, especially if there wasn't any gameplay footage to back it up. I actually kind of dismissed this project when I first caught wind of it for this reason, but I was curious enough to watch this gameplay video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R2P3gr92Ap8&feature=c4-overview&list=UUxbivvwPkudpfWrLQHGHQyw
The narrator does a pretty good job of explaining the game's features and showing off the experience. Given that this game is in pre-alpha, I have to say I'm very impressed.

I normally hate zombie-related games, but this and Dead State are tackling the two areas that I find most interesting about a zombie-apocalypse premise; for Dead State, it's the exploration of human themes and the focus on what life would be like without a functioning society and the role-playing opportunities within that, and for 7 Days, it's the idea of pure fun and survival with an emphasis on a completely open-ended sandbox. 7 Days seems like a perfect playground to get lost in, and I love the crafting mechanics displayed so far.

This might be the first project I support on kickstarter.

Last edited:
I just cant get into zombies. If I read "zombies" in a game, i stop reading right then and there. Same with movies. I just will not watch any movie with zombies. The only exception I made was "28 Days Later". That was very well done, and at least the zombies were actually scary.

So many sandbox zombie open world games coming out lately...

Dead Island series (all released)
State of Decay (released)
Dead Rising series (two released with the third one coming out soon)
Dead Light (first person open world sandbox with a base you defend like in SoD coming out next year I think)
DayZ (released)
Dead State (coming soon)
Infestation: Survival Stories (released)

So many in such a short time. There's probably a load more I've missed and I'm generally only interested in one: Dead Light. Mainly because it sounds like what Dead Island should have been and looks more serious and sounds more serious too (based on previews and interviews).

DayZ and Infestation: Survival Stories are one and the same incomplete game.

No, that was The WarZ. Then they changed the name.

Back
Top Bottom