Risen 2 - Preview Roundup # 3

aries100

SasqWatch
Two more previews for this game have surfaced. First up is GameFocus:
The gameplay demo ended with a visit to a beautiful waterfall. Piranha Bytes stated they want to create a living, breathing world with a variety of creatures. Areas are hand-drawn and each island only has to be loaded once upon arrival to create a seamless adventure. The graphical leap between games was apparent and the shift to a greener setting definitely helped.
Then we have Atomic Gamer:
In Risen 2, you'll also have your own pirate ship with crew. (Like Mass Effect's Normandy, but with sails and a mast.) Over the course of the game, you'll pick up new members of your crew, an interesting cast of characters that you can also recruit as sidekicks when going inland. I asked whether this is a full sailing sim or whether it has any elements of Sid Meier's Pirates!, but was told that no, it diluted the focus of Piranha Bytes' own brand of action-RPG, and didn't feel like it fit in the world. So the answer is that while you do have your own ship to explore and play around in, you'll likely just be clicking areas on a map to go to them.
More information.

Honestly I can't wait to play this game.
Noone expects another "Sea Dogs" game with sea battles (and I really wouldn't want to have awsome graphics and enormous amount of bugs like Sea Dogs had) and pretty stupid swordfight minigame.
Getting a crew and picking sidekicks sounds nice. It's not a new thing in RPGs, but in Risen2 I'd like to have a living/talking/spitting/farting sidekick instead of Fred. Fred wasn't bad, don't get me wrong, but... I wasn't really playing a necromancer role. :)

So Euro-RPG is now a genre of its own?

So we have ARPGs, JRPGs, and ERPGs. also We should have "a" for action and "tb" for turn based, and SP, for singleplayer, MP for multiplayer, and MMO for Massively multiplayer. Further FP, 3rdP, and Iso.
So will AoD be an IsotbSPERPG or an IsotbSPARPG, or even a canadian IsotbSPCRPG??? :S

Me want this gamey. Too far away, though. Can't get excited already.

So Euro-RPG is now a genre of its own?

So we have ARPGs, JRPGs, and ERPGs. also We should have "a" for action and "tb" for turn based, and SP, for singleplayer, MP for multiplayer, and MMO for Massively multiplayer. Further FP, 3rdP, and Iso.
So will AoD be an IsotbSPERPG or an IsotbSPARPG, or even a canadian IsotbSPCRPG??? :S

You forgot one: mobrespawning and mobnonrespawning RPG. :)

Back
Top Bottom