Avernum: Escape From the Pit - Two Screens

Still looks ugly as hell, but that's definitely an improvement.

This is what I heard when everything was compared to Quake

Still looks ugly as hell, but that's definitely an improvement.

Graphics aren't everything guy. A good story will ensure a rewarding experience. Besides, it almost looks hand drawn, which I think is an accomplishment.

The scale looks different than Avadon. The characters looks smaller to me. Can't wait to try this.

I just passed Avernum probably 6 or 7 months ago and this one looks a hell of a lot better.

If I hadn't of passed it just this year I would definitely be picking this up when it's released. As it is I think I'll wait for a 3 pack since I already own the original trilogy.

Graphics aren't everything guy. A good story will ensure a rewarding experience. Besides, it almost looks hand drawn, which I think is an accomplishment.

No but they certainly can help. These graphics are definately an improvement. I tried this series before and couldn't get past the 800 x 600 on a larger monitor. Hard to get engaged in a story if you cannot abide the presentation.

That said, I will probably try the remakes.

Apropos improvements : I recently read that UO is going to get "graphical improvements" as well.

Apropos improvements : I recently read that UO is going to get "graphical improvements" as well.

Are you sure you aren't thinking of the upcoming graphical improvements to Underworld? It's not the same thing as Ultima Underworld.

Are you sure you aren't thinking of the upcoming graphical improvements to Underworld? It's not the same thing as Ultima Underworld.

If I had meant Ultima Underworld, I would have written UU.
It could have been meant to be "Unseen University" as well, though.

If I had meant Ultima Underworld, I would have written UU.
It could have been meant to be "Unseen University" as well, though.

Ah your right, my bad, I misread what you wrote. Wow I didn't know enough people still played UO to make it worth upgrading. I guess there are some true die hards.

Graphics aren't everything guy. Besides, it almost looks hand drawn, which I think is an accomplishment. a stylistic choice

Criticizing graphics based on a screenshot does not imply that one considers "graphics to be everything" - this is a tired strawman.

Forming an opinion about the quality and style of the game art one of the few things it is reasonable to make judgments about without actually playing the game and going on still screen-captures alone. So you like the choice of style and find the overall quality sufficient, they do not like the choice of style and/or do not find the quality sufficient. Neither opinion automatically suggests how great of an importance one places on graphics quality in judging the value of a game.

Back
Top Bottom