Two Worlds - Why I Love It @ Eurogamer

I'll never understand why being cheap suddenly makes a mediocre experience worthwhile.

I had to explain a this lesson to my mother one time(long, long ago) when she bought me the worst-looking sweater on the planet because it was so cheap that "she just couldn't pass it up". I never wore it.

As far as Two Worlds goes, I have high hopes for a mediocre few hours of entertainment and/or laughs. If I'm let down and it's the horrible I'm expecting I'm not out much, nor am I disappointed. I'm expecting an ugly sweater. But this is way more palatable to me than paying full price for a game that I expect to be good, but ends up being just ok, or even total crap. This happens more often than I'd like.

Don't you have a backlog like most people? I don't have the time to deliberately buy an ugly sweater. I understand that sometimes what you get anyway but at least it's not intentional.

TW1 was quite nice, there arent many games out there like it (sandbox RPG's, that is) that reason alone is enough to buy it, if you're a fan of the genre.

I actually just started Two Worlds about an hour ago. And I just gave it up. It was stupid. Half the people talked with their mouths clenched shut and sPokE iN VerY StilTEd VOiceS. Despite my character's supposed reputation everything seems able to kill him faster than he can kill them, even wolves. How does anyone else survive? Thank goodness there are resurrection shrines every 10 feet!!

Dialog is indeed stupid beyond belief but the dying you are describing sounds like user error. Weapon and armor upgrades and stacking make life easy pretty quickly.

Back
Top Bottom