Lords of Xulima Indiegogo launch

Kb46zx5.gif

UPDATE 3 - THE TOUCH OF THE ARTIST

Even though all of the elements of the maps in Xulima are hand drawn, there are times when we create rendered objects for the artist to use like a sketch.

This is when our talented artists works his magic… and from a rough and lifeless block of stone, carves a haunting faceless statue that appears to be so ancient as it were watching over a cursed treasure…

Attachments

• Xulima.jpg
    Xulima.jpg
    88.7 KB · Views: 165
I vote for another RPGWatch fundraiser like the OS one, in fact one for every very deserving kickstarter.

Kb46zx5.gif

Update #6 Weapons

attachment.php

In Lords of Xulima there are 18 different types of weapons, each one with more than 20 characteristics. To name a few: there are the quick weapons like the dagger, slower weapons like the crossbow, easy to use weapons like the sword and more complex weapons like the halberd. There are long weapons like the lance that allow characters to attack from the back line, and bows that can attack any location. There are two handed weapons like the battle ax or the great sword. There are very powerful weapons like the flail that can cause critical hits but can also fail frequently.

Weapon Skills

Weapons in Lords of Xulima can be grouped into 5 categories that correspond to 5 attack abilities: Swords, axes, daggers, blunt weapons, polearms and missile weapons. Improving your character's attack abilities augments the effectiveness of their weapons in the given category.

To the point: What kind of damage do they cause?

Generally in RPGs weapons simply hit the enemy and take away hit points. In Lords of Xulima there are 4 types of damage and each type of weapon causes its own combination of damage types:

Normal: Of course we have the normal type of damage that deducts hit points from the target with no further implications.

Bleeding: Sharp weapons can cause bleeding damage that will continue to hurt the enemy over a period of turns.

Stun: this stuns the target and leaves them unable to take any actions for a period of time; they won't be able to evade any incoming hits and will lose turns. Weapons like the mace cause this type of damage.

Wound: Wounds cause the target to lose attack ability and hinder their ability to dodge blows and cast spells. Piercing weapons such as arrows and spears frequently cause wounds. The effects of multiple wounds can stack and leave a fighter completely useless.

How you use these damages to improve your combat strategy is up to you. You can try to stun an enemy who is about to attack, try to wound an especially powerful enemy, or try to use bleeding damage against a target with lots of hit points. There are also special attacks that increase the different types of damage, used wisely they can make all the difference in battle.

Shall we go shopping?

The 18 different types of weapons and each comes in 16 different qualities and can have one of the 70 different types of enchantments. You're going to be spending a lot of time in the stores choosing the weapons that work best for you.

Attachments

• 20130928163737-LordsOfXulima_Weapons.jpg
    20130928163737-LordsOfXulima_Weapons.jpg
    75.7 KB · Views: 167
after a few first good days, funding is terrible atm and dont know if they will make the goal :(

Backed but frankly just because it's planed for Mac and it's turn based party. I think their home page had let me a better feeling when I checked it some time ago.

Hey folks!

My name is Mathieu and on behalf of the team, I'd like to express a sincere thanks for your updates and support in this thread. Shout-out to Couch Potato for all the news, as well :thumbsup:

As some of you may know, our Kickstarter is going fairly strong and still has 2 weeks left, with the 3rd stretch goal (Varas Talak isles) still being a possibility. We've also just released our first alpha gameplay trailer.

Thoughts? Comments? Something you'd like to see more? Would you like to help us spread the word around?

Feel free to discuss it here, or send a mail at:
mathieu@numantiangames.com

See you soon, and thanks again!
fvio.jpg

Hi Mathieu,

It would be nice if your team could reach see the $30000 goal:

The Enchanted Islands of Varas Talak

Good Luck!

@Watchers:
Throw your money at this cool project!

Would be great if we (as in we backers) could make it to 30 grand. It's within reach, but there isn't much time left. C'mon people, now's the time! Anyone who's interested in some good ol' cRPG goodness, chip in!

Already upped my pledge after the moving "letter". Clever kids ;)

Will be very nice to have the isles without a doubt...

Back
Top Bottom