The ever-popular "Currently Listening" thread

@dte -- No, I haven't seen Gunnar and Matthew in a long, long time. Serves them right for being so pretty... just wrong for men to be prettier than you. My fascination with the Nelson boys was pretty brief, I lost interest shortly after they hit the radio. I still love that song, though.

And, in that same category, another man who hasn't aged particularly well...

Baby, I Love Your Way -- Peter Frampton

Maybe that's the fate of really pretty men... they all end up looking like Uncle Pervy. :D

Last edited:
I am a citizen of the now, with a commanding view
omg, Men Without Hats.

Ive said it before and I'll say it again - I dont care what anyone says, I loved the 80's!

Bad clothes and bad hair, but we certainly weren't as angry as kids these days. Remember when "We're Not Gonna Take It" and "Fight for Your Right" were flat out hard core? Stuff sounds like musicbox fodder compared to today's tunes. Definitely good times! A lot of truth to that Bowling for Soup song, eh? "Music still on MTV" (!!!)

stumbled upon a nice new(for me) shoegaze band today-Airiel. decided what to download off of emusic. the song firefly is quite excellent. and dte you lucky gazer they are touring in your area. edit: and looking at their homepage i missed them here by a week. damn!
http://www.myspace.com/airiel

Last edited:
Estranged - GnR

Guns n Roses is the band that Ive always liked, but cannot listen to loudly. I can crank it up during Slash's solos (which are some of my favorite rock guitar solos), but when Axl starts screeching again, it's downright painful!

Supposedly coming out with a new cd, one of these days. I'll get it, I like all their past stuff.

I'm not a big GunsNRoses fan--yeah, Axel's bird-of-prey-on-crack voice is the prob--but I've always liked this subdued love ballad.

stumbled upon a nice new(for me) shoegaze band today-Airiel. decided what to download off of emusic. the song firefly is quite excellent. and dte you lucky gazer they are touring in your area. edit: and looking at their homepage i missed them here by a week. damn!
http://www.myspace.com/airiel
I got the "Winks and Kisses" box set! Nah nah! :p Excellent band, although their upcoming release is a departure from their gazer roots and is getting mixed reviews on the gazer board. If you can track down a copy of "In Your Room" (track off the W&K eps), grab it--you'll thank me for 10 minutes of bliss. Don't know if you're aware, but "Firefly" was done with a guest vocalist. Jeremy usually does the vocals and he's a dead ringer for the guy in Pet Shop Boys.

I'm listening to 'Everlasting' a song by a band called Epiphany located in Manchester. The vocal artist is a friend of mine.

Good music - the bass could be a bit more powerful.

IIf you can track down a copy of "In Your Room" (track off the W&K eps), grab it--you'll thank me for 10 minutes of bliss.

Is that possiblly a Depeche Mode cover?

Currentlly listening to Genesis preforming The Knife. Got Tresspass for my birtday about ten days ago. Pretty good album, but I'm sure their later albums (no, not the 80's albums! ;)) are better. I'll find out if I can manage to get my hands on them...

Übereil

Back
Top Bottom