How did you come up with your username?

is the myth of dracula as old as the story of bram stoker? I thought it was older.

Then where lies the castle? is it the castle of vlad tepes? or is it an other castle known as draculas castle and existing in romania ( I thought)

The myth of Dracula was created by Bram Stoker. But the myth of vampires is a historical myth.

I don't know what you mean to say about the castle, but Draculas castle is fictional and fictionally it lies in Transylvania, Romania. Wikipedia has this to say:

Some have claimed the castle of Count Dracula was inspired by Slains Castle, at which Bram Stoker was a guest of the 19th Earl of Erroll. However, as Stoker visited the castle in 1895, five years after work on Dracula had started, there is unlikely to be much connection. Many of the scenes in Whitby and London are based on real places that Stoker frequently visited, although in some cases he distorts the geography for the sake of the story.

This perhaps explains the difference of Transylvania and Wallachia, but Wikipedia does question the supposed link between Dracula and Vlad Tepes to a very high extent.

The obvious connection is geographical names ending with the "ia" diphthong. "California" has the same ending, and that explains a lot, like Buffy The Vampire Slayer, Blade and Underworld.

I think we're on to something here.

The obvious connection is geographical names ending with the "ia" diphthong. "California" has the same ending, and that explains a lot, like Buffy The Vampire Slayer, Blade and Underworld.

I think we're on to something here.

Well, "VtM - Bloodlines" and "Angel" too. Or am I wrong?

Well, "VtM - Bloodlines" and "Angel" too. Or am I wrong?
Hehe...absolutely! Bloodlines takes place in Hollywood, right? And Angel is a Buffy spinoff!

@txa1265: No, no, no!!

Hehe...absolutely! Bloodlines takes place in Hollywood, right? And Angel is a Buffy spinoff!

Yeah - remember 'The Deb of Night'? "Hello, L.A. you're up way past your bedtime ... "
@txa1265: No, no, no!!

Hehe ... just that we've swung this one *way* wide of reality ... ;)

is the myth of dracula as old as the story of bram stoker? I thought it was older.

Then where lies the castle? is it the castle of vlad tepes? or is it an other castle known as draculas castle and existing in romania ( I thought)

Hey, if you're that curious, hitch a ride to Romania and I'll show you the castle ... it's only about 30 km away. ;)

Also - is VtM - Bloodlines playable? I've stopped watching it for some time, when it was still pretty buggy (the reason for which I didn't play it).

Also - is VtM - Bloodlines playable? I've stopped watching it for some time, when it was still pretty buggy (the reason for which I didn't play it).
There are loads of little things, but personally I played from day 1 with no issues - I didn't even get hit by the infamous 'boat bug' that killed people early on ...

Yeah, it is playable. At least it was for me, and I played un-patched version. I remember I had problems with boat bug. Expect for that, as far as I remember I had no other big bug problems.
And it also played pretty well on my old 2003-average rag.
Play it. Trust me, you do not know what are you missing!

I will, I will, just need to finish Thief 3 right now. Thank you both for the replies :)

Back
Top Bottom