Video Game Addiction: A Medical Disorder?

I know theres MMO addiction but I dont think it should be a medical condition. Its more like a psychological obsession. Not a mental illness or any form of illness.

If similar hobbies were labelled mental illnesses then everyone would be considered ill. Dungeons & Dragons is a lifestyle, for example. Are they suffering? I dont think so, quite the opposite.

Also, if its gonna be considered a "medical condition" then it should be treatable with medication. WTF are you gonna give an MMO addict? Caffeine? Downers? Tranquilizers, lol.

If they actually list this in the diagnostic codes I will give up on all medical care. An addiction is something that interfers with your leading a normal life. EI: Work, social contact, family contact, eating, sleeping, ect.

It really doesn't matter if you use a video game to hide in or you use drugs. If it interfers, your addicted. Drugs have an added component of creating physical need or cravings at times, but the end result is the same. You have no life without using.

They should be looking for a treatment for the reason someone is addicted, not just slapping new labels on it.

You just can't admit you have a serious problem!! :)

I'll send you Grimoire; that should help!! :)

I'll open a game addiction test center:

1) Send me all your games
2) I'll rate them
3) If the rating is crpg-addiction- level 100 the game will be confiscated by me :smartass:

Back
Top Bottom