Deep Silver & Southpeak Form Strategic Alliance in NA

Gorath

Prime Evil
Staff Member
Original Sin Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor
Looks like it's a bit more than just a simple marketing cooperation. Especially the last paragraph is juicy:
SouthPeak Interactive and Koch Media's Deep Silver Announce Strategic Alliance in North America
MIDLOTHIAN, Va. & LOS ANGELES, Jan 07, 2010 (BUSINESS WIRE) -- SouthPeak Interactive Corporation (OTC Bulletin Board: SOPK) and Deep Silver, Inc., a Koch Media Company, today announced that they will team up to bring next generation videogames from Deep Silver to North America. Deep Silver is the games label of the Koch Media Group, which is one of the largest publishers and distributor of videogames and DVD movies for European markets.

"We are pleased to partner with such a well-respected and established company as Koch Media/Deep Silver and excited to join with their experienced leadership team," said Melanie Mroz, CEO of SouthPeak. "This strategic alliance gives us access to a great product line-up on all current generation platforms."

"SouthPeak instantly brings a great deal of market expertise in North America to our organization," said Geoff Mulligan, COO of Deep Silver. "Their team has a strong understanding of the product lifecycle including game development, marketing and retail placement. Most importantly, this alliance allows us to leverage their well established US publishing and distribution platform."

Under the agreement, SouthPeak will become the exclusive partner for Deep Silver in the Americas. As partial compensation for entering into this strategic alliance, Koch Media/Deep Silver will receive a minority stake in SouthPeak Corp.
Maybe the reports that Risen's retail availability in North America still had room for improvement were correct. ;)
Deep Silver / Koch Media handles at least two RPG brands: Sacred and Risen. New forum posts hint they'll also continue their cooperation with Piranha Bytes.
The full PR can be found for example on Southpeak's website.
More information.

I haven't seen Risen anywhere in the Toronto area, I don't even think it's been distributed in Canada.
The other good thing is since there is now a NA Distribution Point we may finally see Sacred 2 :Ice & Fire.

Shaf

Maybe the reports that Risen's retail availability in North America still had room for improvement were correct. ;)
Well, Divinity 2 wasn't rolled out more smoothly, but at least it was early rather than late ;)

No, official word from this week is that they have no plans to make an expansion.

I really doubt they're going to do a completely new game so quickly after establishing a new IP. If there won't be an add-on I bet Risen 2 will be coming soon.

Back
Top Bottom