RPGWatch - That Which Sleeps Interview

Couchpotato

Part-Time News-bot
Couchpotato interviews King Dinosaur Games about their exciting upcoming title, That Which Sleeps. So sit back relax and enjoy the new interview on our site.

Couchpotato: Thanks for agreeing to the interview! Your game looks really interesting - I always wanted to play the bad guy in a game. So to get started, can you share a little information about yourself and your game studio, King Dinosaur Games?

King Dinosaur Games: Our pleasure! We love to interact with the community that has already been built up around the game - it is our firm belief that user involvement at all levels is the key to taking a good game and making it great. As for King Dinosaur Games, the two of us have known each other for over a decade and during that time we've created over a dozen games for our own personal group's enjoyment. We are huge fans of niche games like King of Dragon Pass and (Josh: The greatest game ever made) Space Station 13, and a lot of our influences come from the very vibrant board game community as well. Innovative design is flourishing in that field and we have been routinely amazed at what people are doing with the limitations of board games whether its with cards, dice, or more traditional chits. It has been our goal to try and bring the lessons learned from that community and apply them to video game design, while also taking advantage of the capabilities that a digital platform gives you instead of creating a direct board game adaptation.
More information.

This is the first of many interviews for the next two weeks so pay attention, and let me know what you guys think. Also don't be shy to recommend the next game.

I'm always on the look for new games, and a chance to interview the developers. So for now share your feedback, and King Dinosaur Games may reply.:bow:

Reading "That Which Sleeps" I thought about Snow White first. How wrong I was :)

Real interesting turn based God-Game (or should I say Devil-Game?)

Thank you Couch and King Dinosaur Games for this comprehensive interview!

PS:
My next interview wish would be an interview with the devs of Jagged Alliance: Flashback.

Thank you for your reply HiddenX I'll add it to my next list of interviews.:handshake:

PS: You can send me any questions you want answered, and I'll add them. Usually I would ask for questions, but I'm disappointed with the amount sent back.:)

Last edited:
PS: You can send me any questions you want answered, and I'll add them. Usually I would ask for questions, but I'm disappointed with the amount sent back.:)

Don't give up :faq: a RPGWatch-devs interview is a perfect opportunity for all to ask questions about a game.

My top 3 questions for JA: Flashback

1) Will JA: Flashback create a similar mix between strategy (= free and defend cities, get income) tactical combat and roleplaying (quests, interesting recruitable NPCs, etc.) as Jagged Alliance 2?

2) Are some of the old veterans in the game?

3) What are the main gameplay enhancements compared to JA 2 V1.13?

Alright I'll try one more time for questions from the community.;)

Update: I asked them for a new interview. Now I'll see what they say, and then make a new news-bit for the front-page asking for questions.

Last edited:
Really good interview Couch!
Your welcome Lemonhead and thank you for your reply.:handshake:

Seems only you and Hidden X where interested in the interview. The good news is the Jagged Alliance: Flashback interview has been approved by the developer.

Look for the news-bit asking for questions sometime this week.:bow:

I had a look at the other newsbits you posted about this game.

Unfortunately, I am not too interested in this type of game right now...

Looks good enough to play around with, but yeah, that's about it.

They have almost reached all of their original stretch goals though, so good for them :)

Back
Top Bottom