Pricewatch!

Sorry for the doublepost but I don't want to taint a proper sale with the above travesty.

On GamersGate Guild games are all 50% off, I still didn't buy any of those and almost clicked to buy Renaissance for 5€ (as it's the latest one and modders made unofficial patch for it):
http://se.gamersgate.com/DD-GUILD2R/the-guild-ii-renaissance

However, there is this post on Nordic forum:
forum.nordicgames.at/showthread.php?170478-Guild-3-Wishlist&p=2675215&viewfull=1#post2675215
Hello,
Stay tuned, we will have some great news for Guild fans in the upcoming months.
To buy or not to buy Renaissance now? I wish I knew if that ment Guild 3 is coming (ON PC!).

Sorry for the doublepost but I don't want to taint a proper sale with the above travesty.

On GamersGate Guild games are all 50% off, I still didn't buy any of those and almost clicked to buy Renaissance for 5€ (as it's the latest one and modders made unofficial patch for it):
http://se.gamersgate.com/DD-GUILD2R/the-guild-ii-renaissance

However, there is this post on Nordic forum:
forum.nordicgames.at/showthread.php?170478-Guild-3-Wishlist&p=2675215&viewfull=1#post2675215

To buy or not to buy Renaissance now? I wish I knew if that ment Guild 3 is coming (ON PC!).
Been curious for a while about the Guild games, guess at $5 might as well get it and see for myself. Doesn't matter if there's a Guild 3, by the time it's released it'll be at least another year, and then by the time it goes on Steam sale (I always wait for a sale), it'll be like 6 more months, so it's pretty safe to get Guild 2 now :)

Renaissance is a bit hit or miss. It's got a lot of the best bits out of the previous Guild 2 expansions, but some of the maps aren't very playable. At one point I found a forum post that listed the good ones, so you might want to go look for it if you do get it.

A sequel that worked out the problems and tweaked the gameplay would be great to see.

German magazine "Computer Bild Spiele" comes in its "Gold" version wioth Dungeon Siege 3 (usually without any DLCs) and with the famous jump & run game "Rayman : Origins" !

I've begun plying Rayman, it it's huge fun ! The soundtrack is imho superb ! :)

(Dragon Age : Origins
Rayman : Origins
Sounds weird, 2 so different games with such an similar title ...)

Didn't even notice before but there is some sale on Origin.
And again, it's worth puking.

https://www.origin.com/en-ie/store/browse?q=mass effect

So, ME1-3, one by one, you may buy for 4+3+3=10€
Or? Buy ME trilogy for 25€!

What kind of bullshit is that? EA bullshit.
Oh yes, with "trilogy" option you get Pinnacle station (that costs 5€ and is crap) for free!

No, you don't get all DLC within "trilogy" and you have to buy those separately with Bioware Points.
Are Bioware Points on sale? No.

Scamism doesn't stop there.
ME3 digital deluxe edition - only 10€!
Don't clik it! Because if you buy standard edition for 3€, you may pay 2.5€ for digital deluxe edition upgrade which is total of 5.5€.

God, I'm gonna puke once more.
On this end the digital deluxe edition is actually cheaper.
Core game + upgrade: 59,70sek + 99,50sek=159,21sek. Price of the deluxe edition: 134,50sek.

But things are more than twice as expensive here now than what you posted.

@alrik: Yeah, Ragman's ace. The treasure chest chases perfectly walk the line between frustration and elation.

Apparently steam sale starts on the 19th so hide your wallets!

Eschalon 1+2+3 with a 75% discount on GOG. That's $7.72 in total. The sale lasts for the next 22 hours.
The discount is 60% if you only by one or two of the three games, which means there are some combinations where it is more expensive to buy 2 games instead of all 3.

@alrik: Yeah, Ragman's ace. The treasure chest chases perfectly walk the line between frustration and elation.

Exactly. ;)

Jagged Alliance 2: Wildfire is currently 69p on Steam. I've not tried it, but it's got to be worth a punt at that price, right?

I do not recommend to buy Wildfire.
But the reason is a little more complicated:
Jagged Alliance 2 is the Base Game.
Then there was a modder who created a mod called wildfire which contains other maps.
They then released this mod (in english) as full game without further adjustments. The German "Wildfire" version however was modificated further.
One of the most popular mods for JA2 is the so called "Patch 1.13", which includes tons of new weapons and mechanics. There is also a "modmod" for Patch 1.13 containing all the Wildfire content. The "Wildfire" version however cannot be modified with 1.13. In addition there are rumors that the developers of the Wildfire mod were ripped off by the publisher. Buying the "Wildfire" version would support that.

In short:
Wildfire does not work with 1.13, Wildfire developers were ripped off (rumors).
JA2 / JA2 Gold works with 1.13 which also can be played with maps and content from Wildfire.

I'm afraid I don't follow a word of that! Are you saying I shouldn't have buy the game on moral grounds or because it won't work?

(I just fired it up and it works fine. It's clearly been made into a stand-alone product, rather than a mod, as I don't have JA2 installed.)

EDIT: OK, given a couple of slow re-reads, I think I follow (sorry, long day, short night!). I'll go the JA2 Gold route instead.

I am just saying that:
With Jagged Alliance 2 / Gold you get everything including Wildfire and 1.13. And as 1.13 is a big deal you should go for that.
If you already have JA2, there is no reason to buy Wildfire.
If you don't have Wildfire nor JA2, I would recommend to buy JA2 instead, even if it's not on sale. (Well, will probably be in steam sale in a couple of days anyways).

Edit:
If course you could also buy Wildfire for this price and take it as "demo" for the real deal. ^^

Gotcha - thanks!

(Reading is Teh Hard for me today.)

King's Bounty: The Legend is 2 bucks at GoG atm.....if you ever cared for the old Heroes of M&M games, I highly suggest getting it. Worse case scenario, yer out 2 whole bucks.

Each of the original Realms of Arkania games are on sale at GamersGate for $0.80 a piece. I'm thinking about picking up the 3rd game as I don't have it yet.

Who asked for D&D games on GOG? The masterset is 80% off.
Also Magrunner is free.

Origin gives Peggle for free. So pick it up there, play never. :)

In case you still didn't, please do buy FC3 on Gamersgate, deluxe edition 7.50€:
http://www.gamersgate.com/DD-FC3DE/far-cry-3-deluxe-edition
You hate shooters? Trust me, after this game you'll start saying you like shooters and ask why others didn't make a shooter like this one. Sadly uPlay is mandatory for this game.

Back
Top Bottom