Ultima 6 Project - Milestone 6 Released!

Is this the same kind of thing as the Ultima V Remake on DS ?

From the article:

It is with much pleasure that we announce the release of Team Archon's next milestone of the Ultima 6 Project, Milestone 6 (M6) for Dungeon Siege 1 (PC and Mac).

Yes it is. However, you'll find the game is even bigger than lazarus with many, many improvements. As you can pick up copies of DS for $5 and U6P is FREE, you have nothing to lose but HOURS of your time trying it out!! :)

I'm eagerly waiting for u6project to complete. I liked U5 lazarus very much and u6 project looks even better. :) The only thing I don't like about is the DS engine, but I understand the choice since it's very easy to mod and you can change pretty much everything, since I've done some DS modding myself a while ago...

Btw, how come that they didn't take DS2 engine into use? Since the core engine looks pretty much the same.

We need people to take it for a spin now as well. I find minor bugs everytime I play, so the more people who play the milestone, the more bugs will get fixed before the final release. Showstoppers are easy to find and fix, but it's the small annoyances we so easily miss and that other people find which really helps us out.

I actually think more people have the DS original game than DS2. I only bought DS to play the Ultima mods.

U5 Lazarus was very good and very large. I only somewhat enjoyed the original U5 back in the day -- I liked U4 a whole lot but wasn't much of a fan of the Ultima series otherwise -- but U5 Lazarus was very good. I hated Dungeon Siege but that engine didn't get in the way much with U5 Lazarus.

If anyone's played this, do they have a journal where you can type in your own notes? Lazarus didn't have many modern "help" features.

Yeah, but both games are very cheap nowdays and DS2 is actually a pretty good hack-n-slash RPG. And the graphics would love so much better with that engine...

If anyone's played this, do they have a journal where you can type in your own notes? Lazarus didn't have many modern "help" features.
Yes, there is a journal and it's still a work in progress, so you can make suggestions over at the official U6P forums.

Back
Top Bottom