• 50's

Votes: 9 11.4%
  • 60's

Votes: 3 3.8%
  • 70+

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Another old timer here, the big 49 this year, I started on the vic 20 many many years ago. While I don't have many of the Commodor games I still have many of my original PC games like Curse of the Asure bonds from SSI on my shelves. Looks like I am in good company with other old timers here.

I must be one of the only ones in this thread who never had a computer (other than a Mac) when he was young. I insisted my father should buy a PC but he didn't want to because the company he was attempting to start used Macs, and also computers were a lot expensive then. I hated that computer and wanted it to break for years.

Also the smaller and cheaper platforms like the Commodore 64, Atari ST and Amiga were almost unheard of in Quebec, unlike for example in many European countries.

My grandmother did have a VIC-20 and I tried playing with it, but not to much success.

I must be one of the only ones in this thread who never had a computer (other than a Mac) when he was young.
No, I didn't even have a Mac. I was already out of the house when my little brother got a C64. My first encounter with a computer was some big machine that needed a stack of punch cards to run, which was admittedly already a bit old-fashioned even then. I started using PCs (with amber or green screens) and Ataris in the lab where I was working for my degree, and I was buying my first machine, an Atari 1040 ST, when the alternative was using a typewriter or a computer for my thesis. As my boss usually didn't do it below 15 revisions, the choice was clear.

I do wonder why no teens seem to frequent this place.

Maybe the slow pace and lack of "clever" one-liners bores any such onlooker.

I guess teens are more into FPS than RPG. It's either that, or they're all at the Codex!! :)

How about systems we have had?

C-64
Atari ST
Intellivision
Sega Genesis
TurboGrafx-16(one of the best consoles of its time that never caught on)
Nintendo
Nintendo 64
486 dx 33
Pentium
all of the play stations
now I can't remember some of the systems between Pentium and my last system.
quad core 7 now

Aww, I had a TG-16 and no Nintendo - it gave me a sense of rabid pride much akin to the silly pride in never having played WoW. I regret selling my library of games. Sure, I got over a thousand bucks out of it, but I regret it now. This damn game was especially valuable - even moreso now apparently.

39 years old, so just on the cusp of being ancient. First gaming experience was Wizardry 1, and I never looked back.

40, ancient? Nah. 40 is the new 30. :)

Back
Top Bottom