What games are you playing now?

Stopped playing WL2
It's rough. I stopped right at Prison after the combat got too buggy for my taste.
If you had to ask, it was the sprinting AI to your face, and then ending turn.
Watching 2 Heavy MG guys doing that in one turn while ignoring everything else got tiring pretty quick.

If the story had been more engaging, I'd power through it - but I simply didn't find it fun. Stats relations to skills are badly thought out. For a $20 Kickstarter, I think it's fine. But for the 3x goal amount raised, it was a pretty questionable miss.

It's average. Not the kind of game I want to replay anytime soon.
And somehow it made me revisit Fallout New Vegas and just had fun with Project Nevada again.

Stopped playing WL2
It's average. Not the kind of game I want to replay anytime soon.
And somehow it made me revisit Fallout New Vegas and just had fun with Project Nevada again.

Lol, I just finished installing FNV and Project Nevada too. I haven't totally given up on W2, but it isn't holding my attention very well. I'm throwing in an alternate start mod and testing the various beginnings. I don't like FNV as well as Fallout 3, but it is easier to get up and running on a fast Win7 pc. I'm basically bouncing between W2, Xulima, FNV, and a little PoE. That is super rare for me. Xulima would win easily if it was at release, but it is late beta.

After 1200 hours spent in Fallout: New Vegas, I've reinstalled and finished heavily patching/modding Fallout 3. And I'm enjoying it quite nicely.

So much atmosphere, so many memorable characters and locations… Despite its well-written dialogue and quest C&C, FNV really wasn't that memorabe for me as a whole. You've got a drunk Wayne Newton, a Legate you only spot in the final 30 seconds of the game, and expanse after expanse of brown nothingness. Chief Hanlon (voiced by the amazing Kris Kristofferson) was pretty much the only highlight that really made an impression.

Whereas in FO3, there's so much more variety of encounters and characters that the game always feels fresh and interesting. Of course, that might be partly because I haven't played FO3 in 2-3 years. Regardless… fun times… I'm happy with my past two months' work of patching - the game is a treat and a breath of fresh air compared to the heavy-handed (and often pretentious) themes of FNV.

I've been playing FO3 again, mainly for the exploration and mutant hunting aspects rather than any of the quests or story, and I have to say I prefer it to New Vegas as well. New Vegas is better written and generally more well constructed in terms of background and plot, but on the whole it feels unfinished, with that ambitious background overlaid on a physical world that didn't quite match, and an ending seemingly tacked on to give it a big set piece finale. As you said, it often comes across as slightly pretentious. That's not to say I don't love it, though. ;)

FO3 feels a lot more chaotic and oddly put together in comparison, but it's got the wandering through a desolate wasteland feel and openness that makes me enjoy it more.

You spent 1200 hours playing it though? Please tell me that was a typo. :)

I never said it wasn't an overall decent game. Just pretty dull by comparison. FO3 may feel more disjointed (no major narrative, lots of unrelated locations), but it has much more interesting, varied content. FNV was a wannabe apocalyptic spaghetti western for all intents and purposes, complete with warring indians in Honest Hearts.

After 1200 hours spent in Fallout: New Vegas, I've reinstalled and finished heavily patching/modding Fallout 3. And I'm enjoying it quite nicely.

Last like a full time job.

Well I played it for about 583 hours (that's Steam, which also counts time when paused and away, I believe). That's full exploration, all DLC, and playing all four or so different faction endings (which meant a bit of replay).

So doubling that to try different builds or mods isn't surprising to me. Though most other players are not as completist as myself.

Last edited:
I'm never sure how accurate Steam's counter is. It only shows 200 hours in New Vegas for me, which can't possibly be right.

I played through Fable: Lost Chapters. It really is superior to the Anniversary edition. That should simply not have been the case.

Finished the most recent Divinity game last week, so I've been playing more Everquest Two recently, getting prepared for the new expansion next month. I'll probably dig into Wasteland Two soon, after another patch or five.

I'm halfway lucella in DOS now. Still enjoying it but im starting to wonder if I'll ever finish it. W2 deserves my attention too

Perhaps I should give each game 20 hours maximum and move on, regardless if its length. I know someone who gets extremely excited for each game and ends up playing only 2-3 hours...

I have RPGWatch to thank for an MMX: Legacy recommendation: I'm really enjoying it -- despite never having played the earlier entries in the series. It's just the right degree of crunch for me, and I even like the plain-spoken, slightly hokey and very German tone of the writing.

I'm simultaneously running a "light party" with a Crusader and two elves, and a "dark party" with a Freemage and two orcs. The light party is a hell of a lot easier, but I'm determined not to weaken and let my Freemage learn light magic -- he's just gonna have to life-drain his way to survival!

M&M: Legacy is definitely one of the better games released in the past few years. I liked it a lot more than D:OS. Need to replay it.

I'm playing Fallout New Vegas again. Since I've done all the companion quests in previous sessions, I've installed 4 companion mods. Sunny Smiles was the first but there really isn't much to her. She just tags along, but basically has no new dialogue. I then installed Willow and this mod seems to be pretty in-depth. I also installed a medical doctor chick, whose name I can't remember and Wendy Gilbert. She was a hostage in Boulder City. Now she travels with you after you rescue her. These will replace moody Boone and the mostly gay Cass and Veronica.

I don't really care for the Willow mod, always struck me as a bimbo mod for the teen crowd. Get Niner :) He has a lot of personality. if you're using Delilah, I'd recommend the alternative (better quality) voice pack.

I can't abide drug or alcohol use, so I avoided Niner. Thanks for the voice pack nod. The little dog keeps showing up even though I park Delilah when I head out into danger. I try to only use Delilah when I'm going someplace I think she might find interesting. I'll take her to the clinics, the Followers, medical ruins, etc. I like the book meme that the author added to Delilah.

Willow is a bimbette, but I enjoy that type of thing :)

I actually like Boone as a male companion, but I've done his quest several times. I need some more testosterone in my group, but I haven't found a male companion that works yet. I prefer the paladin types. Can't stand Gannon.

Back
Top Bottom