Request: ability to add moderators to ignore list.

Cripes. If ever "making a mountain out of a mole hill" was apt this would be it. As i see it there are 3 sides to that discussion, content providers being able to make money, content providers being able to make more money and those that believe content providers shoudlnt make money.

IMO all sides have their point but nothing to ignore someone over.

I have mixed feelings on that. If it is a free sites that recoups costs via ads then i think SOME ads are fair. However, because sites abuse that, then adblock comes into play. They have no one else but themselves to blame.

To be honest i wouldnt mind if there is an optional ad added version of rpgwatch. I would feel like i am contributing to the site if there was such a version.

IIRC Adblock does allow exceptions.
Dunno, never used it myself, I don't actually mind ads much as days of 20 pu..y.org are ancient history.

If ads were not aggressive, if a quality content wasn't smaller and barely visible covered with crapload of ads, "ads ignorer" wouldn't exist in the first place as noone would need it.

I especially hate the ones that are vids with sound.

The bigger reason for blocking ads is the privacy invasion, the fact that they are tracking and correlating all your activities online without your consent. To me this is should be considered a felony. This is why I always block any and all ads and social trackers.

LOL@ this whole thread. Mods are human, as such they can lose their tempers regardless of any phoney idea of "you should be more responsible". Would you prefer artificial auto-moderation like profanity filters that are so silly they can stop you typing words like asset because they start with ass? Everyone already has a mod ignore button. It's the left mouse button that can be used to click another thread, leave the boards, or close your browser.

If you call for more discipline in a mod then have more yourself...it isn't too hard to see their name and just move onto the next post without reading theirs.

Last edited:
So why bump the thread for a settled problem?

Last post was 10th May. If I took notice of whether or not I'm bumping anything I would never make a post. If having an opinion that I wish to share after reading through a thread bumps something you aren't interested in then you can take my advice from my previous post.

There is such a thing as letting things lie. Just good sense in the community. If you just like controversy there seems to be subforum full of idiots for that.

I don't tell you which threads to comment on, which titles that should or should not draw your attention, nor make insulting suggestions for you daring to make a post. Neither do I need to explain myself to you. Trot along..have a good day. Incidentally, there is usually a feature where mods can lock a thread if they believe nothing more should be said about it. Clearly the mods here have less of a fascist bent.

Clearly the mods here have less of a fascist bent.

Godwin's Law: As an online conversation progresses the probability of someone invoking Hitler or fascism approaches 1.

You will definitely enjoy that subforum.

I'll see you there then no doubt. Clearly you've already spent time there as you seem to think you know more than I do. I am now going to follow my own advice and skip to the next post when I see your name..you make it easy when everything you type just looks like 'blah blah blah'..I feel like Bart in the Simpsons just zoning out.

Just keep calm, folks.

Back
Top Bottom