Risen 2 - First Information Soon?

I'm confident that Risen 2 will at least feature a larger landmass to explore.

That is one area I hope to see improvement on as well.

I would also like to see a larger focus on the whole "world about to be destroyed" thing, and more than one real city.

PB talks less, but works hard it seems.

Up until very recently they have neither talked less nor little ;) . The guy named Quy who has more or less officially done PB's community management has just announced a couple of weeks ago that he would have to focus on his work more (he's an artist) and wouldn't be able to answer as many questions as before. But before that he was answering tons of questions on a regular weekly basis. He is being supported by several other PB members including Michael Rüve, PB's CEO. In addition to that there are two or three Deep Silver PR/Marketing/CRM reps who are posting on a very regular basis as well.

The World of Risen forums must be among those gaming forums on the web with the most dev activity. Just check this thread on their forums. It contains dev quotes only (no user posts) and including the other linked threads (links in first post) within that thread there are over 60 pages with roughly 1200 dev posts and those are only the posts that got selected to be included in that thread by the WoR forum admins. There are probably hundreds of more dev posts that contained too little info to be included in the collection.
PB are very active in communication and talking a lot. They just can't go into any (gameplay/story/setting) details regarding Risen 2 yet because Deep Silver hasn't lifted the NDA/info embargo yet.

I load up the Gothic 3 soundtrack occasionally - it is one of, if not the best game OSTs of all. Including Tyrian, Oblivion, Morrowind, Total Annihilation and all. Risen wasn't too shabby either ;-) Sad that this guy is going, but good luck to him.

As for Risen the combat was great; more of the same, but more of gothic 3 in there too. Non-story-related areas for us wanderlust types would be grand alongside a better story.
I would like to see a storyline that isn't end-of-the-universe-and-only-you-can-save-it but more like The Witcher: interesting and unsavoury characters in political intrigue and small power-grabs.

I'm confident that Risen 2 will at least feature a larger landmass to explore.

My biggest hope is that PB will reintroduce swimming and diving as gameplay features. Hopefully the hints about possible underwater areas point to that being the case.

Exploring a larger landmass is always welcome. But I think the main question here is if they can fill these lands with enough content. Gothic 3's biggest downside was this. Too many generic caves, monsters, loot. So exploration became pointless after a while.

Anyway I hope Risen 2 will make what Gothic 2 has done to the Gothic 1. Improving every aspects of the game without choping the old atmosphere. So screenshots pleeeaaaaaasseeeeeeee....

Arcania's musics are just perfect and fits well to the atmosphere. So I don't think there will be a problem creating an epic atmosphere with the new composer.

Seelbach worked with Dynamedion on both projects. Maybe they'll write the music.

This doesn't sound too bad, imho. They did the soundtrack for Drakensang, too, if I recall it correctly ...

It was already confirmed by Quy while ago, that Risen 2 will feature a slightly bigger world to explore, and again one big town.

They just released the first pictures on pcgames.de, which are simply amazing! The setting is also hinted from the pictures. :)

Wow, those are nice screens. Here is the link: Risen 2 Pics!

Very tropical, much like the first game, but with more vibrant pirate fantasy feel. I am so glad the first game was so successful for them and that they can put such effort into a sequel! And people say PC gaming is dead, bah!

......with Kai Rosenkranz having left (which I'd missed previously, sadly). ....[/URL]
NOOOOO! Completely missed this, now I'm gonna go cry. :bigcry:

Back
Top Bottom