Chaos Chronicles - Legal Troubles

Coreplay's stance is in a link at the bottom of the blog. They say bitComposer set up the meeting with no intention of signing an agreement so they saw no reason to go. bitComposer wanted to release the game in March, Devs felt it wasn't ready and got outside funding.

http://www.rpgcodex.net/forums/inde...le-with-bitcomposer.84933/page-9#post-2791536

What though is the point of dispute? If Bitcomposer wanted to release the game in March, then why don't they want to release it now? Considering that Coreplay got outside funding is the dispute about the percentages each party is due? Who knows...

so basically, it's something like this…
Publisher wanted game released in March 2013. Developers said no. Publisher said we're not giving you any money. Developers got money from another source to continue development (possibly breaking contract?). Publisher didn't like this and forced Developer to stop. Publisher and Developer later meet to talk things out, they get to an agreement but without Publisher stamping a final signature. Months later Publisher asks for another meeting to talk things out, but Developer won't since there is no guarantee that anything will be decided like the previous meeting.

Solution: sign the damn paper and finish the damn game!

It's been my experience in these situations that there's typically plenty of blame on all side.

As usually its us consumers that pay the price.

Hopefully they will come to there senses and figure it out. It sounds like there is a finished or very near finished just sitting there waiting to be played.

Ooh the publisher talks like there is still hope the game could be released if all parties involved could come to an agreement. How I hope this happens, but I'm not holding my breath.

All they have to do is finish the game for no more money and then get no royalties unless it sells a million copies. Why won't they be reasonable and work with us?

Seems there are already too many stakeholders involved and some people here even suggested to add crowd-funding backers to it…too much for the name Chaos Chronicles…

bitComposer blames Coreplay; Coreplay blames bitComposer; lawyers are involved; third party sharesholder, second (Bavarian) funding ... devs and publisher are not talking directly anymore - no good chances for Chaos Chronicles.

Back
Top Bottom