Skyrim - The Nuttiest Glitches

Those were some funny videos and not all were bugs since in traditional fantasy that is what is supposed to happen if you got hit by a giant.

Those were some funny videos and not all were bugs since in traditional fantasy that is what is supposed to happen if you got hit by a giant.

I really liked that one, too!

The buckethead thing made me laugh out loud. :) I can imagine now, a whole town of npc's with buckets/pots/cauldrons on their heads. :lol:

This is probably in the nuttiest glitch, but still gotta post it: Flying Lydia

It's just so satisfying to see Lydia go flying.

Last edited:
What's funny is that the bucket-head video is that the whole ability to do that is a symptom of their attempts to improve the stealth mechanics and perform realistic line of sight tests for NPCs as well as have obstructions reduce the range at which you can be heard. Though if Bethesda's attempts at improving aspects of their games tend to result in hilarious glitches like this then I hope they introduce more such improvements in future installements.

Dramatically improved boss-fight ai governed mechanics and combat? I see that causing the main boss of their next game to, upon realizing the player has acquired the "kill the boss" item or power, to run like hell and hide in the nearest friendly inhabited area. It would then utilize the dynamic NPC interaction system to befriend and ally with as many normally player-friendly factions as possible - effectively daring the player to turn all of them hostile if they wanted to finish the game.

You know what will happen if they put crossbows back in right? They'll be overzealous on the firing physics and animation and slight defects in the modelling or bold trajectory will cause the bolt to pinball out of the crossbow straight upward into the firing npc's jaw.

I thought the bucket on the heads was more interesting than funny. That the engine allows you to place an object onto an NPC for one, and that if you cover the head of an NPC it can no longer 'see.' I think that's some pretty amazing stuff that obviously needs a bit of fine tuning.

I thought the bucket on the heads was more interesting than funny. That the engine allows you to place an object onto an NPC for one, and that if you cover the head of an NPC it can no longer 'see.' I think that's some pretty amazing stuff that obviously needs a bit of fine tuning.

The NPC has no awareness that its vision is being artificially obstructed by a bucket. That would be some tricky AI behavior to code!

I wonder if that means you can sneak past someone just by holding a basket in front of you? :p

The NPC has no awareness that its vision is being artificially obstructed by a bucket. That would be some tricky AI behavior to code!

Or just script it so that the PC waving objects in the vicinity of their face causes them to move about a bit. They already have it scripted so if you stand still too close to an NPC for more than a few seconds they give you a weird look and backup. Have a similar detection and reaction for objects being moved in grab mode - except make it much more immediate.

Actually that particular behavior for standing too close might be something they should adjust - shorten the timer on ait nd change it to include "walking into" and not just "being the creepy dude on the subway". Since it ignores you if you're walking/running into them and they're in your way and only reacts if you're standing still up in their face, the action of frustratedly trying to walk through a follower who's blocking the doorway is currently counterproductive; they'll move out of the way faster if you just stand creepily close to their front. This NPC reaction is slightly different and involves different detection than the one for bowling people over while sprinting as it plays different, less annoyed, comments for it.

No. Bugs are not OK. But some are certainly funnier than others!

Yeah I prefer giants playing guard-golf to game locations that mysteriously eat save games if you happened to do previous and sometimes unrelated quests in a particular order before entering them. Oh the joys of REPCONN and Vault 3.

Glad to see Professional Gaming Journalism™ staying consistent. Bugs in Bethesda Developed games are ok. But not when it's an Obsidian developed game.

Stay classy IGN.

Did you ever think, in spite of the bugs, it is still better then teh obsidion stuff? Keep classy dude.

Back
Top Bottom