GOG - Risen 1 & 2 DRM-Free Release

Couchpotato

Part-Time News-bot
Risen 1 & 2 will soon be on GOG.com according to a German post from Deep Silver at World of Players. Here are the details.

Surprisingly good news from Deep Silver. The publisher for the games Risen and Risen 2 just announced in our forum that the PC versions for those two games will soon be available on the download portal GOG.

Games on GOG are sold without DRM (or any other kind of copy protections for that matter) and can be purchased without giving up ownership.

An exact release date has yet to be announced, however
More information.

Excellent, I might actually grab them there at some point, despite already owning them. It's nice to have my PB collection in one place.

Looks like they're broadening the installed base before announcing Risen 3.

It's about bloody time they announced their next game! It's been almost two years since Risen 2, yet we know almost nothing about PBs current project.

WHAT?!
WHERE?!

Instapreorder!!

I haven't played Risen2 yet but it will be instant pre order for R3 lol.

Havent played Risen 2 either.

My quick review of Risen 1: Nice graphics, nice atmosphere, boring fights, uninteresting story.

So.... maybe if 2 is cheap on GOG, I'll give it a try.

Guys, since you didn't play Risen 2... Some of you.
Just so you know if GOG release is not all-in-one.

Risen 2 has three DLC.
One is items DLC and is honestly not worth a dime.
Second one is an additional quest/island that is fun and you should grab it.
Third is just an additional quest that forces you to revisit some islands and kill about a dozen or so of freshly spawned mobs, do skip it completely.

So if they won't make it as a complete edition, buy only Treasure Island DLC. Or buy all three, but don't post later noone told you two of those suck.

Has that happened before? Genuine question btw.

It has, multiple times. DLC of some games have been excluded (I'd have to look up any examples).
DLC of some games is sold separately (e.g., Sword of the Stars: The Pit, Omerta).

What I can not recall is any games where "useless" item-only DLC was sold separately. Of course you can debate the quality of the Omerta DLC, but that's mainly because of the core games quality itself.

Instabuy!!!

http://www.gog.com/news/announcement_big_preorders_launch_day_releases_coming
we have three games we're launching soon with regional pricing—two RPGs and a strategy game—and while we can't tell you what they are yet because breaking an NDA has more severe penalties than just getting a noogie, we're confident that you'll be as excited about these games as we are. For a limited time, we will be offering anyone who pre-orders or buys one of them a free game from a selection as a gift from GOG.com, just like we did for The Witcher 2.

No, we don't know which two RPGs are those.

Attention:

We've removed the links to the Risen 3 screenshots and artworks. They were leaked from a fellow site. Please do not repost links to these pictures on RPGWatch.

Back
Top Bottom