Gothic 3 Accessing saved games after re-install

d25

Traveler
A tip on this would help me a lot. Thanks in advance.

Unfortunately I had to reinstall the game. I did not remove the old save games and I can see them in their directory. However the new install seems to not recognize them - on the load screen they're not listed - does anyone know how do you get a new install to point and look for the old save games in the right place?

Thanks.

The SG's should be in your My Documents folder. Perhaps the re-install created a new copy?? Anyway, here's what I would do. Find the old SG's and copy them. Start a new game, save it and exit. Find where it has been saved and copy your old SG's to that folder. I assume the version numbers are the same!!

Well there is also the problem at with the first patch and orginal game not seeing the patched versions but if you are using the same version then you should be fine for sure. :)

I had to reinstall after I foolishly let TAGES get uninstalled with AD1701 ... and I just kept a copy of my Gothic 3 folder (the one in My Documents) and put it back after installation and picked up where I left off!

Which files have to be copied if you want to send somebody else a certain savegame?

The default answer, is ALL of them!! :)

thanks issue resolved

FYI, the issue that I was having is resolved. There was a compatability issue between versions. Thanks for all the input.

As a side note, the original source of the reinstall was that I was having a continuous issue with two things.

First, about half the time at start-up it would say 'please do not remove the disc while playing...'. My copy is a bought copy, not a crack or anything like that and I did not remove the disc. One thing that seems to help is that I adjusted my firewall to allow the Gothic 3 game unfiltered access to the internet - this blocking seemed to cause an issue - remains to be seen if this fully fixes the issue, but it seems to be better for now. It's surprising that a single player game needs this access (not the updater program, the game itself).

Second, on some start-ups, all NPCs would appear as hostile and start fighting each other right away. While entertaining, it didn't facilitate gameplay. This started to happen more frequently, hence the reinstall.

Overall, thanks for the tips.

Back
Top Bottom