Text Adventure Games

I need some sort of graphics.

I'm the same way when gaming... I definatley enjoy good graphics.

But when I'm in a mood to read it's actually a lot of fun playing the old text games of the past as it has been so long I can't remember all that much so they feel 'new' again. And playing them on a small laptop on the couch all the better.

I remember playing Adventure on my Dad's office on a Prime mainframe back in the early 1980's.

One of my favourite parts of Space Rangers is the great, goofy text adventures it has. 25 or more. Well worth checking out.

I need some sort of graphics.

I don't really agree here. You don't need graphics when you've got the great prose of some IF writers (such as Adam Cabre and Emily Short). Also, some text adventures just couldn't work as a graphic adventure (The Gostak being the obvious example).

Also, if you have even the slightest interest in IF (not to mention Lovecraftian horror), you need to play Anchorhead, which is one of the best games I've ever played, regardless of the genre, and the proof that you don't really need graphics to create an amazing atmosphere.

One of my favourite parts of Space Rangers is the great, goofy text adventures it has. 25 or more. Well worth checking out.

Also this. The "prison simulator" one, in particular, is a little gem.

Back
Top Bottom