Divinity Anthology

I got a bit confused. Does the bundle include D2: DKS ?

Yes. Although, on GOG you have to pay the "top supported" amount to get it.

I got a bit confused. Does the bundle include D2: DKS ?

Yes. Divinity 2: Developer's Cut is DKS with the addition of an optional Developer Mode (which lets you do the usual cheats with character and equipment, teleport anywhere, explore areas that are normally unreachable, turn your character into any creature in the game, spawn opponents, etc).

Larian is working on a patch to add the Developer Mode to DKS.

The 'top supporter' price point at GOG is under $12.50, which is a great deal if you don't already have DKS. If you do, then I guess it is up to whether you have/want DD and BD and the bonus content.

Yes. Divinity 2: Developer's Cut is DKS with the addition of an optional Developer Mode (which lets you do the usual cheats with character and equipment, teleport anywhere, explore areas that are normally unreachable, turn your character into any creature in the game, spawn opponents, etc).

Is there anything to be found in those areas? Easter eggs, etc.? Or is it just additional landscape?

After staring at the Larian forums and Steam forums I still can't figure out if the Steam Divine Divinity is still a buggy mess of hell or not, yet. And as much as I want to play it, I want it to be as patched as it got.

So. Since you're here, Raze, can you clarify the matter? Is the Steam version still based on an older build than the GOG version? Will Steam be getting a better version of the game? :)

Last edited:
Is there anything to be found in those areas? Easter eggs, etc.? Or is it just additional landscape?

I don't think anything new was specifically added, but Swen Vincke did say in the video on the D2DC webpage that players "…most likely will discover all kinds of secrets…".
There are no large areas to be discovered, just locations you may be able to see before but could not get to. One place that was mentioned that you can teleport to was the house that you see in the background when customizing your character.

After staring at the Larian forums and Steam forums I still can't figure out if the Steam Divine Divinity is still a buggy mess of hell or not, yet.

The Steam version and the previous GOG version were actually quite similar. With the addition of D2DC to GOG, DD has been updated to the Steam version (so it has an improved configuration tool and support for multiple languages).

I was hoping some of the issues reported after the Steam release would be addressed in the anthology (Larian did say they would look into them), but given the hectic nature of getting that done while working on other games (Hatching the Anthology), apparently they did not have the time to do so.

However, most of the remaining issues are relatively minor, are avoidable or are fixable if encountered. I played half my first game in the unpatched original disk release and didn't have any real problems; I only installed the hotfix due to a minor problem that is fixed in the download version.

what are the problems with gog's Divine Divinity? (1.005A) - before the recent update

List of known bug(s) in the Steam Version (1.0061A)

Thanks for the information! Understandable about the time constraints. It's an old title. It's amazing it's got the support it has, honestly. :)

So now GOG has the Steam build? Interesting! I'll bookmark those links for when I give it a go then! I've been holding off cuz of the uncertainty.

The Steam version and the previous GOG version were actually quite similar. With the addition of D2DC to GOG, DD has been updated to the Steam version (so it has an improved configuration tool and support for multiple languages).

I was hoping some of the issues reported after the Steam release would be addressed in the anthology (Larian did say they would look into them), but given the hectic nature of getting that done while working on other games (Hatching the Anthology), apparently they did not have the time to do so.

However, most of the remaining issues are relatively minor, are avoidable or are fixable if encountered. I played half my first game in the unpatched original disk release and didn't have any real problems; I only installed the hotfix due to a minor problem that is fixed in the download version.

what are the problems with gog's Divine Divinity? (1.005A) - before the recent update

List of known bug(s) in the Steam Version (1.0061A)

Okay, so, will my save games still work if I apply the universal update to my GOG version of DD? Or would you say it is not worth the bother installing it if I don't run into any issues?

Your saves should work fine if you install the update. There is not really much reason to do so, or to avoid doing so, though.

The new version has a slightly better configuration tool (you can switch between software and Direct3D rendering modes), multi-language support, and drops support for Win98 (the GOG installer for the previous version required XP, but the game itself worked fine in Win98).

Other than that, it is pretty much 6 of one or half a dozen of the other. What differences there are (some listed in the topics above) are pretty minor.
The ability to right click on the menu bar on the bottom of the screen to minimize it to 3 lines was removed in the Steam version (so in the new GOG version), since it caused more problems than it was worth with people minimizing it accidentally. If you play on a netbook and minimize the menu bar, you should stick to the 1.005A GOG version.

Your saves should work fine if you install the update. There is not really much reason to do so, or to avoid doing so, though.

The new version has a slightly better configuration tool (you can switch between software and Direct3D rendering modes), multi-language support, and drops support for Win98 (the GOG installer for the previous version required XP, but the game itself worked fine in Win98).

Other than that, it is pretty much 6 of one or half a dozen of the other. What differences there are (some listed in the topics above) are pretty minor.
The ability to right click on the menu bar on the bottom of the screen to minimize it to 3 lines was removed in the Steam version (so in the new GOG version), since it caused more problems than it was worth with people minimizing it accidentally. If you play on a netbook and minimize the menu bar, you should stick to the 1.005A GOG version.

Sweet, thanks for the info. :)

The GOG PWYW promotion is over.

I have an extra GOG gift code for DD. If anyone is interested, reply here, and (if necessary) I'll do a random draw of those who respond tomorrow night (about 29 hours from this post). I'm not sure how many people are interested enough to keep following this topic, but not enough to pay $0.01 for DD (aside from lack of a credit card or Paypal), but I guess I'll find out. ;)

I'm confused. Will the GOG version of DD (the first one, not BD or DD2) be updated to a newer version, which I gather is on the Anthology? I checked my GOG account just now and there are no updates to DivDiv, it's still the v1.005A as far as I can tell (GOG installer version 1.0.2).

What, if anything, is actually different or fixed with DivDiv in the Anthology version? I've seen confilicting info about it on various forums. The official page mentions remastering the game, but doesn't give details (or I just failed my Search roll, again). I've bought both DivDiv and DivDiv2 twice already and didn't feel like doing it a third time with the Anthology (even if the goodies were neat), because I was under the impression that DivDiv itself wasn't that much changed/fixed, save for Win7 compatibility.

So, is the DivDiv on the Anthology different from the current GOG version? If so, will the GOG version be updated perchance?

The GOG version of DD has already been updated (installer v1.0.2) to the Steam/anthology version. You should see language packs there now, as well (1.005 was only in English). For some reason the update didn't get flagged as new.

There isn't much difference between 1.005 and 1.0061. See above, or Is new patch/update worth it?

Back
Top Bottom