What games are you playing now?

I never played it but remember when I was thinking of buying it a few here had said it was 12-16 hours to complete it.

That sounds about right based on my experience.

Thanks. I was actually hoping it was going to be a little shorter than that due to how limited my gaming time is currently. I still might try to finish it before jumping back into TW3.

Not impressed by the first couple of levels though...

Thanks. I was actually hoping it was going to be a little shorter than that due to how limited my gaming time is currently. I still might try to finish it before jumping back into TW3.

Not impressed by the first couple of levels though…

It was fun enough when I played it, coming off a bunch of non-shooters - but didn't live up to what I had read about it. Oh well, and I find I take longer than 'estimates' due to my playstyle, so my 12 or so hours might be on the high end. Also, it is not a game I would feel badly aboutu playing for a bit then abandoning.

I've been giving Secret World another go, this time going with Blood magic and Elementalism to get a bit more survivability. I still wish it wasn't an MMO, but it's about the only horror RPG out there, and it's definitely got the horror part right.

Wasteland 2 DC

Really enjoying this. The enhanced visuals have become more apparent to me, and the game is definitely cleaner and less blurry looking. I'm using Reshade on top as well, which has made the game really rather attractive. Performance is smooth as silk for me, too.

I like the sparsity of ammo and money - as it makes me play carefully and gives the whole thing a nice scavenging gameplay.

The added options to combat gives an already highly satisfying combat system that little extra - and makes it feel very much like a proper Fallout coupled with Jagged Alliance 2.

I love how height advantages have been given attention - because it adds a layer of proper tactical setup before combat, and the weapon stats are both deep and sensibly integrated. It means you're not just finding "better loot" - but different loot and there are tough choices involved. The weapon mods enhance that even more.

Stuff like destructible cover, crouching, precision shots, ambush - and so on all add up to one of the best and most tactical combat systems I'm aware of. Much, much better than SRR and PoE in my opinion.

While I still think the Quirks are a bit underwhelming, I've found one that's so good that I don't see a reason to use anything else. It's "Delayed Gratification". With a level cap of 50, there's no rational reason not to use it that I can find.

Also, I recommend investing 2 skill points in "Melee" for most or all your party members, so you can save ammo during the easier fights.

I've studied the Perks more closely, and I'm reasonably satisfied with the amount of choice and diversity they bring. Certainly, they do what I wanted them to do - and that's giving a constant sense of progression that's not entirely predictable.

Overall, I think the gameplay is now at a stage where I'd call it a proper Fallout evolution.

I can't speak much of the story - as I still haven't gone beyond the AG/Highpool areas - but I like the writing so far. It's more mature and not as silly as I feared it would be.

The skill bloat and save scumming remain, but those are relatively minor in the overall scheme of things.

I actually think the camera angle is my biggest problem. I don't remember the original being this "top-down" when zoomed out - but it's definitely annoying. You can't get a proper look at the environment that way, and if you zoom in - you can't see shit.

So, they really need to have a tilted angle at a distance - or at the very least give us a way to adjust it manually.

Wasteland 2 DC

Really enjoying this. The enhanced visuals have become more apparent to me, and the game is definitely cleaner and less blurry looking. I'm using Reshade on top as well, which has made the game really rather attractive. Performance is smooth as silk for me, too.

I like the sparsity of ammo and money - as it makes me play carefully and gives the whole thing a nice scavenging gameplay.

The added options to combat gives an already highly satisfying combat system that little extra - and makes it feel very much like a proper Fallout coupled with Jagged Alliance 2.

I love how height advantages have been given attention - because it adds a layer of proper tactical setup before combat, and the weapon stats are both deep and sensibly integrated. It means you're not just finding "better loot" - but different loot and there are tough choices involved. The weapon mods enhance that even more.

Stuff like destructible cover, crouching, precision shots, ambush - and so on all add up to one of the best and most tactical combat systems I'm aware of. Much, much better than SRR and PoE in my opinion.

While I still think the Quirks are a bit underwhelming, I've found one that's so good that I don't see a reason to use anything else. It's "Delayed Gratification". With a level cap of 50, there's no rational reason not to use it that I can find.

Also, I recommend investing 2 skill points in "Melee" for most or all your party members, so you can save ammo during the easier fights.

I've studied the Perks more closely, and I'm reasonably satisfied with the amount of choice and diversity they bring. Certainly, they do what I wanted them to do - and that's giving a constant sense of progression that's not entirely predictable.

Overall, I think the gameplay is now at a stage where I'd call it a proper Fallout evolution.

I can't speak much of the story - as I still haven't gone beyond the AG/Highpool areas - but I like the writing so far. It's more mature and not as silly as I feared it would be.

The skill bloat and save scumming remain, but those are relatively minor in the overall scheme of things.

I actually think the camera angle is my biggest problem. I don't remember the original being this "top-down" when zoomed out - but it's definitely annoying. You can't get a proper look at the environment that way, and if you zoom in - you can't see shit.

So, they really need to have a tilted angle at a distance - or at the very least give us a way to adjust it manually.

Are enemies still walking from one edge of the map to to melee range in one turn ?

That really annoyed me when I saw it in a Let's Play so I still haven't bought it.

Are enemies still walking from one edge of the map to to melee range in one turn ?

That really annoyed me when I saw it in a Let's Play so I still haven't bought it.

Some enemies are very fast and can walk a long way during a single turn, and some can't. Normal human enemies can't reach you from the other side of the visible combat zone in one turn, for instance.

I don't think it's a big problem, because the player gets to initiate combat most of the time - and you can set up in peace and comfort. If you position yourself wisely, you can win a lot of fights with minimal effort. Get a good sniper or assault rifle dude to shoot first, and keep the rest of the party behind them. That way, you can ambush enemies that come close.

That said, if you don't have characters that invest in combat speed and initiative - it can be a problem.

Just a note on Wasteland 2 DC - as mentioned in the other threads, it IS a separate (and smaller) listing on Steam, which is worth noting - ~14.5GB rather than 19.5. The Mac version *is* out as well, so no reason to put off reinstalling :) I haven't checked if 'Cloud Saves' work cross-platform (they don't for PoE, for example) ... but it would be nice if they do.

I guess anyone who played the original NWN campaign would have the same opinion, I mean none would give it a second chance if they played that….. right?
On the contrary, I've replayed the OC twice, so three runs total. I'm one of the five people that didn't think the OC sucked rocks. I wouldn't call it great by any stretch (the repetition of the map/quest layout between parts 2 and 3 was garbage), but I thought it gave you sufficient direction as you grew your toon.

On the contrary, I've replayed the OC twice, so three runs total. I'm one of the five people that didn't think the OC sucked rocks. I wouldn't call it great by any stretch (the repetition of the map/quest layout between parts 2 and 3 was garbage), but I thought it gave you sufficient direction as you grew your toon.

Count me also amongst those 5 :)

Playing Templar Battleforce now, and it has been quite fun. I'm playing on hard and I've done a dozen maps so far, I think. Some of the maps are fairly quick, like 30 minutes and I've had a few take over an hour. If you enjoy squad fights and some really tactical battles, this is for you. I'll warn you in advance though, it doesn't hold hands.

After this I'm pretty certain I'll be restarting Wasteland Two: the newer version. A few more patches should be worth the wait.

Count me also amongst those 5 :)

Played NWN OC twice. So including me means 3 of the 5 people are on this site. I'm guessing the other 2 people are here as well.:)

@Dart or anyone that may know, any stealth option available in WL2.

Playing wasteland 2 dc ..keep getting memory issues for some reason but I am enjoying it. Also playing mgsv which has great gameplay.

I also didn't think the OC sucked. In fact it had one of the most memorable side quests I've ever played. More so than I can say for any of the Baldur's Gates, for example...

Finally finished Risen after a couple of false starts. I'd picked up Risen 2 and 3 when Steam had an 80%-off sale, so now I'm on to the second. We'll see how far I get before the enhanced edition of Original Sin drops later this month; I think I'll try to suck my wife into a co-op run on the PS4.

Back
Top Bottom