Cleve's long lost relative?

It's probably because I'm not married, but something about a female dictator…..

Appeals to me.

Step 1 - Get back in shape, emotionally and physically.
Step 2 - Get new GF.

When I'm in a relationship - we both end up enjoying ourselves too much in terms of food/candy/snacks and what not, and since they apparently don't last forever - I have to build everything up again once it's over. Also, I invest a LOT emotionally - once I finally let someone inside, so it's a rough phase.

What can I say, I'm a comfort maniac. Let's see if history has to repeat itself next time….

Maybe having a dictator gf will make you eat less snacks and have to clean the house more, plus she will make sure you retain that six-pack :D

Would be nice - but I find that I'm usually more the one in the dominant role than I want to be.

I see all these guys in long-term relationships that make it work by letting themselves be dictated - so why the HELL doesn't it work the other way around? Hehe :(

In bed, however, it would be kinda interesting to reverse that ;)

I'd rather not dictate anyone, frankly.

I'm not quite sure why it ends up that way, but I think it has to do with me being very much aware of my limits and what I consider a reasonable way to communicate and compromise - and I'm the sort of person who shuts down my emotions when there's a conflict. In my experience, most women are ruled by their emotions when there's a conflict - and that gives me the edge in terms of having the rational position.

Unfortunately, that "edge" doesn't seem to do anyone any good - and the girl ends up agreeing to something she doesn't actually want - or she doesn't think my compromise is fair - even if she can't point out why.

I've learned the hard way that compromise is essential to any relationship - but it seems I've yet to learn how to read minds and how to successfully avoid forcing people to do something they don't want to do. Language is a great barrier - unfortunately.

Hehe, didn't mean to turn this into a serious thing ;)

Sorry!

No problem. I know that I'm right sometimes and I usually win the rational argument too, but it's sometimes better to let go in fights and let her have her way. Even if it doesn't make much sense. During the heat of the moment, you get angry and say things it's better to avoid. I later up explain my side of things when things have cooled down a bit.

Seems to work so far. I don't mind giving ground on things, because I think she is more important than the argument about what car is better or whether or not she should spend on dresses even though she has 100s of them. (These aren't real fights but to demonstrate that they're unworthy of the fight)

No problem. I know that I'm right sometimes and I usually win the rational argument too, but it's sometimes better to let go in fights and let her have her way. Even if it doesn't make much sense. During the heat of the moment, you get angry and say things it's better to avoid. I later up explain my side of things when things have cooled down a bit.

Seems to work so far. I don't mind giving ground on things, because I think she is more important than the argument about what car is better or whether or not she should spend on dresses even though she has 100s of them. (These aren't real fights but to demonstrate that they're unworthy of the fight)

Yeah, I understand your position - and it's a healthy one. Usually, my arguments are not about money - because I don't care. Except if it's a serious threat to our combined financial security, or if things are too unevenly balanced.

I tend to separate things very rigidly - and I rarely get too personal (well, not on purpose) or emotional when I'm having a debate. This is often perceived as coldness or as a lack of investment - when in fact it's quite the opposite. I just believe strongly in a rational approach to any conflict - and not an emotional one.

I find that conflicts tend to confuse issues - and it's my experience that there's usually an emotional imbalance in a relationship if the "small things" grow into larger things. So, most conflicts are really not about any given detail - but about an overall sensation of an uneven power distribution or emotional dependency. I invest a hell of a lot emotionally - but it doesn't always register on the outside. I think that's one of my big issues - that I'm way too good at shutting down my emotions, especially when I think they might cause me to behave unfairly towards another person. Which has the opposite effect - because then I don't seem emotionally invested or I seem as if I don't really care.

Not healthy, I guess….

This thread sure has taken a few interesting turns! :D

DA, here:

A couple was celebrating their golden wedding anniversary on the beaches
in Montego Bay , Jamaica . Their domestic tranquility had long been the
talk of the town. People would say, "What a peaceful & loving couple".

The local newspaper reporter was inquiring as to the secret of their
long and happy marriage.

The Husband replied: "Well, it dates back to our honeymoon in America ,"
explained the man. "We visited the Grand Canyon, in Arizona , and took a
trip down to the bottom of the canyon by horse. We hadn't gone too far
when my wife's horse stumbled and she almost fell off. My wife looked
down at the horse and quietly said, 'That's once.'

"We proceeded a little further her and horse stumbled again. Once more
my wife quietly said, 'That's twice.'

"We hadn't gone a half-mile when the horse stumbled for the third time.
My wife quietly removed a revolver from her purse and shot the horse
dead.

I SHOUTED at her, 'What's wrong with you, Woman?! Why did you shoot the
poor animal like that? Are you friggin crazy!?' She looked at ME, and
quietly said, 'That's once.'

"And from that moment…..we have lived happily every after."

DA, here:

A couple was celebrating their golden wedding anniversary on the beaches
in Montego Bay , Jamaica . Their domestic tranquility had long been the
talk of the town. People would say, "What a peaceful & loving couple".

The local newspaper reporter was inquiring as to the secret of their
long and happy marriage.

The Husband replied: "Well, it dates back to our honeymoon in America ,"
explained the man. "We visited the Grand Canyon, in Arizona , and took a
trip down to the bottom of the canyon by horse. We hadn't gone too far
when my wife's horse stumbled and she almost fell off. My wife looked
down at the horse and quietly said, 'That's once.'

"We proceeded a little further her and horse stumbled again. Once more
my wife quietly said, 'That's twice.'

"We hadn't gone a half-mile when the horse stumbled for the third time.
My wife quietly removed a revolver from her purse and shot the horse
dead.

I SHOUTED at her, 'What's wrong with you, Woman?! Why did you shoot the
poor animal like that? Are you friggin crazy!?' She looked at ME, and
quietly said, 'That's once.'

"And from that moment…..we have lived happily every after."

Hehe, I know that joke - but it's still amusing ;)

Thanks for trying to cheer me up….

DA, you must realise one basic thing!!!!! Women are NOT rational!!!!!!!!!! They do NOT respond to rational thinking, but as you have already noted are totally emotional. The second thing to learn is that you will NEVER,EVER,EVER in a BILLION years understand even 1% of how a female mind works!! :) Every married man here will totally agree with me. :D

"Female mind"? Sounds like an oxymoron to me.
*glancing over shoulder to make sure Mrs dte isn't looking*

Cleve and this guy need to understand that the only way they can achieve something is with other people. If you have a 200 IQ and behave like a douchebag towards everyone, no chance your Theory of All will be even considered. Someone with a non made up IQ and no Theory of All in his pocket, but with great people skills, is likely to achieve more than Cleve.

This is the reason why nobody joined Cleve in his endouver to make a best RPG ever during his time as a minimum salaried employee, even though he apparently did everything. This is how his co workers describe him:

http://jaggedalliance.wikia.com/wiki/Calvin_Barkmore

This quote shows that Cleve attempted to recruit his co workers for the Grimoire. If he would have acted as a human being, he might have had a chance at his own company:

http://img300.imageshack.us/img300/7668/calvin5py3.jpg

Last edited:
DA, you must realise one basic thing!!!!! Women are NOT rational!!!!!!!!!! They do NOT respond to rational thinking, but as you have already noted are totally emotional. The second thing to learn is that you will NEVER,EVER,EVER in a BILLION years understand even 1% of how a female mind works!! :) Every married man here will totally agree with me. :D

Heck, I know it and I'm not married!

On an odd note, there's a girl up here at work that'd be perfect for you D'art. Very much into being the dominant one.

Heck, I know it and I'm not married!

Yeah, but you hang around with Jo and Cm!! :)

"Female mind"? Sounds like an oxymoron to me.
*glancing over shoulder to make sure Mrs dte isn't looking*

CM Looks at Dte with Mrs Dtes email address in the send bar...................:cm:

Back
Top Bottom