Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Your photo made into character portrait/NPC portrait

• Listed in credits as a sponsor/co-producer

• Total voters

Chris Kozmik

Indie Game Developer
I'm preparing for a crowdfunding campaign and I wonder what kind of rewards to make. The lower tiers are easy, you get the game, you get beta access. But I have not much a clue for the higher tiers…

Ideas? What kind of rewards you would like?

I went with the higher tier for those games I felt I'll like them very much - I didn't care for rewards.
Some ppl adore collectibles so it'd be nice to offer stuff like cloth map, signed art pics/book, a printed manual or something like that.
For those interested only in digital stuff, naming and item, backer's name on a statue, in a book or on a tombstone seems good enough.

About the only physical reward I find interesting is a printed manual, and then only in the case of more detailed games systems such as CRPGs. I'd actually prefer that physical rewards be kept to a minimum because they eat into the money needed to build the game. A nice bumper sticker that I can paste on my laptop would be a good compromise since it's cheap and easy to ship. Heavier goods such as a printed art book or a statuette seem like a bad idea.

As for in-game stuff, a mention in the credits seems more than sufficient. But I wouldn't contribute extra just to receive that. :)

If it's a game I'm going out of my way to pledge towards, I mostly just want it to get made. That being said, I've been known to hunker down and pledge more if there's physical rewards in it for me.

• Printed manual
  • Game in a Collector's tin
  • Bobbleheads and other kinds of figurines!

... Mostly just silly stuff that you don't see often these days.

As much as I would like physical stuff the shipping costs to Australia kill it. So I stick to digital only rewards. Sound tracks and yet another set of avatars/wallpaper/themes don't do it for me.

I have yet to pledge for more than the minimum to get the core game in like 20 kickstarters I've pledged so far. All I care about is the game at a reduced price.

I want my reward to be staying true to your vision and not changing anything significant based on consumer input, unless you're absolutely sure said consumer is a better designer than you are.

Is this specific to your project? Anyways.

I'm a sucker for physical goodies, but ones pertaining to the game. Manuals, hint guides, cloth maps. Not miniatures or accessories. I'm trusting devs to correctly price these tiers so they do make a profit. If that means I have to pay $150 for a manual and cloth map instead of $90, so be it.

I have yet to pledge for more than the minimum to get the core game in like 20 kickstarters I've pledged so far. All I care about is the game at a reduced price.
Same here.
(except for D:OS, where I've pledged more as I desperately wanted the stretch goals to happen ;) )

Back
Top Bottom