Risen Rings of skill boosting

Maylander

SasqWatch
Original Sin Donor
Figured we could have a single thread with all the rings that improve stats to make it a little easier for people to look it up. Rings that improve stats are very useful, as they eliminate the need to spend points on certain things, or can grant you access to higher ranks faster (i.e using 2H swords with a shield before you actually reach Rank 9).

Ring of the Sword Fighter
1. Inside the cave that seperates the central part of the island from the eastern part, behind the three ghouls. It's in a treasure chest not far from the ore.
2. Located in a cave north west of the eastern swamp. Easiest way to get there is to cross the bridge below the Monastery (past the hut with all the gnomes), to the tower of the Undead Lord, and then follow the mountain side to the left. There are three ghouls inside; one at the bottom level, two at the upper level. The ring is located next to the treasure chest (on the floor). The other two ways of getting there is through the tunnel from Tilda's Farm (where all the hungry, pig eating wolves are) and across the river from the East Temple (just go straight forward up the small hill).

Ring of the Axe Fighter
1. In the swamp near the Disgusting Moths. Just dig up the ground there and you'll find it.
2. Behind the bandit camp. Run past the Ogre, jump up to your left (twice), past the wolves, and use levitate to cross the chasm. It's in a chest there.
3. The eastern temple inside the Volcano. The coffin where you locate the 2nd Bust.

Ring of the Staff Fighter
1. On the table near Commander Carlos.
2. I've found two of these rings, but I can't remember where I found them.

Ring of Crossbow
1. Sold by Scordo.
2. In a small hut near the barbeque in the bandit camp. The hut is near the walkway leading up to the smith (opposite of where Brogar lives).

Ring of Hunting (Archery +1)
1. When you are about to enter the ruins of Gyrger, take to your right, go down the stairs, and it's in the first chest you find.
2 and 3. Sold by Flavio, the merchant near the mage in Harbor Town.

Ring of Stealth/Sneaking/etc
1. To the right of the building where the Commander of Harbor Town is staying. Dig up the ground there.
2. Sold by Jasmine the hunter on a cliff in the east.
3. Near the northern most ruins on the west coast, in the chest below the tunnel.

Ring of Acrobatics
1-X. Seem to be getting these all over the place. The easiest one to locate is probably the one you have to find for the guy that got robbed in Harbor Town. Specifics would be appreciated.
2. Located in the lair of the Gyrger. Pull the ring in the final room (near where the Gyrger is). Two doors will open. It's in a chest in the room to the right (to your left when you're pulling the ring).
3. During the quest for Master Abrax, you find the body of Krayben. He's got a ring on him called Krayben's Ring, which gives +1 Acrobatics.

That's all I can think of at this point. There are also various rings that will boost strength/dex/mana/protections, but they are generally easier to come by, and have a smaller effect (+3 strength does not equal +1 swords for example, as +1 swords is both more expensive to train, and requires 10 LPs). I could always add the ring Nico sells and so on if people want me to.

If anyone has any more specific locations, feel free to add it and I'll update the main post. Always interested in finding more secrets.

Last edited:
Has anyone found a +alchemy ring? Doubt they exist but would be nice to not have to spend those last 5 pts to brew permanent potions.

I've never seen one. I haven't seen a ring of scroll writing, either.

Cid's wife has the map maker's acrobatics ring. You need to give her a pearl necklace in exchange. I'm not real sure where one of those is (though there is some kind of necklace in the whore house right near the door). If you work for the Order and chase Cid off, Cid's wife will no longer trade with you. But nobody is protecting her, either, so you can sneak in at night and either pickpocket her or {ahem} slap her around then take it from her. When you give the ring back to the map maker, he will let you keep it as a reward.

I was given another one as a reward for another quest and I've found one or two as treasure.

Amulets are another big source of boosts. Most are protection oriented but I've got one that adds 5 to both dex and strength. (Pity I'm a mage.) It was treasure in some tomb somewhere.

Cid's wife has the map maker's acrobatics ring. You need to give her a pearl necklace in exchange. I'm not real sure where one of those is (though there is some kind of necklace in the whore house right near the door). If you work for the Order and chase Cid off, Cid's wife will no longer trade with you. But nobody is protecting her, either, so you can sneak in at night and either pickpocket her or {ahem} slap her around then take it from her. When you give the ring back to the map maker, he will let you keep it as a reward.

I wish that was true, but it's not. She refuses to speak to you after Cid leaves town, so you can't pickpocket her. I made the mistake of turning in Cid before getting the ring from her.

Regarding Cid's wife quest. You can find a pearl necklace (hehehe) right there in town.

Look in a chest right near the edge of the harbor. A fishernman sits nearby. You'll need level 3 lockpick to get inside, though.

Or, you can just beat her down for it too.

Ooops, yeah, that's true. Got to go for the beating, then.

But you have to do it before you turn in Cid, or she'll refuse to talk to you, and beating her up is the only option.

At any rate, could still use some help filling out the list. Especially the 2nd Sword ring would be very useful, as would the Bow ring for those who enjoy using a Bow.

@Zloth
Yes, the +5 str/dex neck is located in the north east ruins of the Undead Lord.

Update: Found the ring of hunting (archery/bow). Updated the main post with its location.

Update 2: Found the second Sword +1 ring. Updated main post.

Last edited:
Ring of Stealth/Sneaking/etc
1. To the right of the building where the Commander of Harbor Town is staying. Dig up the ground there.
2. Sold by Jasmine the hunter on a cliff in the east.
3. Found a 3rd one, but again, I can't remember where.

As for no. 3 I can't really remember the exact location either but I can at least give you a general idea :) . That ring is in a chest at the west coast somewhere in between all those ruins with the skellies and the waterfall. I think it might have actually been very close to that waterfall. Either in a chest that is guarded by skellies or to the right of the waterfall (when facing it) in a chest that is guarded by a few gnomes.

I confirmed the location of the 3rd ring. It is located near the northern most ruins, in the chest below the tunnel that contains gold ore.

Another crossbow ring...

Hi, I don't remember who Scordo is but I have a crossbow ring either from some dug up chest from the swamp or someones chest there... I'll check it out and get back to you...

Scordo is the main bandit guy in Harbor Town. There's another one you say? Can't recall coming across that, so I'd appreciate more specific information.

Maylander, I can't remember. I think it may have been a quest reward. It is somewhere easy to get because that early in the game I did not have lockpicking or sneaking.

I remember on my first playthrough I got the ring and sold it to Doug very quickly because I knew I wasn't going to focus on crossbows.

P.S. --- It MIGHT be in the southwestern ruin. The one right down the path from Jan's house.

About the second crossbow ring...

The second crossbow ring is at the camp in the swamp… the left shack out of the two in front of the BBQ "Lizard On A Spit" over the fire… It's in the seaman's chest which can be accessed without sneak very easily and early in the game (minutes)- you can even click on the chest from outside… :)

PS:
One of the rings of staff fighting is in Commandant Carlos's Room on the second floor of his little fort in Harbor Town… It is set on the table… (Read the book too for wisdom while your at it)

Last edited:
This is a very helpful thread. How about expanding it to include finding key ingredients for self made (smithing) rings. For example: I am trying to make a +2 weapon ring and a +2 crystal amulet but I have not been able to find the proper jewels (not even sure what they are) in Ch2. Is it possible?

Ring of hunting (archery +1) - flavio sells them in chapter 2, he has 2 in stock

just to be clear flavio is the skin merhcant in habour town who got robbed

Ring of Staff+1 - on a table in Commandant Carlos's room upstairs. (the place he goes to study)

If you're friendly with Order, you can take it without being considered a thief. Not sure if you're working for the Don.

You can create an amulet of +2 to all crystal magics. I don't think there's any item in the game that offers +2 to weapon skills, neither amulets nor rings.

Thanks for the update on the rings, I'll update shortly. Oh, and I've never noticed a problem with looting the +1 Staff ring from Carlos no matter what faction I joined - he seems oblivious to its existent. In fact, they all seem oblivious to almost anything, as it's possible to loot most of the fortress without anyone reacting.

Back
Top Bottom