The Totally NEW Team Corwin Thread

And, if we let them know ahead of time, I'm sure at least one or two from Sibrey's guild would join us if they have a toon at level.

DDO is having a bonus weekend of 20% XP and +5% extra bonus for VIPs. Good time to run some high-XP quests! I'm glad I got Aerii to level 10, just in time for Von, Necro2 (yes I am going these) Xorian Cipher and Delera's #4. Runs from the 15th through the 17th. Also spell point pots are 20% off for those who still have traditional casters in their stable.

If he refuses (and I think he might) I could always log in as him and run his toon. I won't have time to talk to him before game time unfortunately though.

Proving that I am a masochist, I ran Spies in the House. At Level. Elite. It was painful and expensive. Then, after running it, I found out that it's not part of the Heroic 3BC saga.

Some days I hate myself.

At least it was well over 30k XP by itself, and the saga netted me another 30k. Nearly put me into 3rd rank. With Xorian Cipher, Von1 and 2, Deleras 4, and the Necro2 flagging quests, I'll likely be holding level again.

Lots of missing posts

Wow! Looks like at least this thread lost everything from the middle of July.

Congrats on getting back up.

More U32 Cannith Crafting info

This Google Doc spreadsheet has the latest info on the upcoming U32 minimum levels for effects. Looks as if for low level gear (1-11) we will lose the 2 level bonus we can presently get with CC. Eg: Stat +6 gear will no longer be available at level 9, etc.

New CC Power by Level

The following Wiki page has info as well:

Cannith Crafting U32

I've had almost no net access all week. I doubt I'll make it next week either. Hopefully I'll get in a couple of weeks after that before I'm on the move again.

Update 32 borked some crafter toons, & ML of old crafted stuff may have increased

There was a major bug this morning for crafters with update 32. Details here:

Major Bug affected crafter toons

There was a major bug that affected any crafter toons that logged in during the 1st 1-1/2 hours after the worlds came back up today. Per Cordovan, it's supposedly not affecting those who logged in after that, but I'm holding off logging Jhianna in, jic.

Also, supposedly, the old masterful craftsmanship crafted stuff did have it's ML increased (contrary to what they promised). Have not been in-world to check it.

Definitely count me out this week, but I'm hopeful for the week after.

More Cannith Crafting issues

Players are reporting more issues:

• Inability to decon some of the old lootgen for essences
  • Inability to decon some of the brand new lootgen
  • Not getting XP from deconning
  • Not getting essences when deconning
  • Shard machines make wrong shards (eg: "Vampirism/ Keen/ and Vitality shards all make True Seeing shards , as well as the actual True Seeing shard its self.)

This is just what I picked off the 1st page. I think Jhianna is parked till they sort this stuff out. Thread is located here:

Can't break down older items for essences

More issues. I'll update this as I find reports.

Crafting UI is glitchy, taking way more time than it should to do things. If you're running an XP pot & using success boosters to level up your crafting levels, that will be a problem. Based on my experience on Lamannia, if this guy knew what he was doing, in an hour should should have been close to level 300 (or higher). I went from level 260 to 380 in about 45 mins (and that was with a lot of stops to convert more essences - should only have taken me about 30 mins).
I first converted essence over. This took about an hour because the UI kept glitching back to page 1. This didn't occur on Lamma for me. I blew ~5000 essence, a +100% crafting XP booster, a+35% success booster and made 16 levels. 120 to 136. Since the UI didn't update the next ML shard I wasted a lot of essence on crafting ML14 shards at 100% for decreasing XP before I decided to quit and log back in. After logging back in it showed I could have be crafting ML15 and ML16 shards for double the XP. While I was trying to figure out what was messed up the the XP booster expired.

Last edited:
Cannith Crafting be aware of stuff

Some items showing up on forums:

• If you have a crafted item that is btc, it changes to bta only after applying the min level shard. Applies to stuff you made from scratch previously, as well as to challenge gear you crafted on.
  • Old random lootgen cannot be deconned for essences, only for blanks. See link to Cordovan's post explaining why: Cordovan's post

I'll add to this list as I find more info

Last edited:
Be prepared for lag till CC dies down

Some players are reporting massive lag fests, including in public areas, and guessing that it's due to all the crafting going on.

The UI still glitches out. Converting essences constantly resets the list seemingly at random, and eventually the game will stop letting you convert them until you reload the window. Same for crafting, at times the UI has to be reloaded in order to detect your essences.

On the plus side, item decon is much smoother, if not quite there yet. I only had two items on Iji to decon, but unlike before it wasn't a lag-inducing mess. It is still tedious and mind-numbing though.

After a partial conversion of my existing essences on Iji (I have more scattered on my other characters, and tons more to convert on Iji), I gained about 30 levels. I don't know how many essences I had since it took several reloading of the UI to detect all of them.

Also on the bad side is the volume of collectibles. While I technically can craft usable gear up to L18 (more useful on tertiary characters like Iji or Pump, who lack much gear), the costs are so high that I probably won't bother crafting anything at all. I might craft skill items for trapping skills, but even there it might only be for certain level ranges if I don't get something to fill in with lootgen.

A hotfix is scheduled tomorrow, 8am EST. So be sure to update before game time.

I just leveled Jhianna's crafting xp from 267 to 380. I used one major crafting xp pot (+100%), approximately 80 ea 35% success boosters (both of which are conveniently on sale in the store right now), and approximately 74,000 Cannith essences. I converted all my old essences first.

It took me approx. 20 mins, by making only minimum level shards, always selecting the 3% success chance option if it was available (I sorted by proficiency). I had to switch to the unbound shard machine part way through.

I didn't have any problems with the machine glitching on me, so the hot-fixes must have helped (or, the server load is very light at 6am US Eastern time & I got lucky).

Now, of course, have to decide if I actually want to make anything, given the collectibles cost.

New Vampirism has a cooldown on proc's

FYI, this is from one of the forum threads:

Is the new Vampirism bugged or working as intended

WAI, sadly. A long time ago I expressed much disagreement with the new standard of putting cooldowns on proc effects. A dev responded to one of these critiques with the statement that this was done so as not to favor certain fighting styles which may get more mileage out of them due to a faster attack rate. What the devs don't seem to understand, however, is that the cooldown makes these effects very underwhelming and basically not worth using. The end result is that no one bothers to use them, and those who don't know about the hidden cooldown are just disappointed after they've made their item. Sorry you are in the latter category, but you can expect this to be the standard for proc effects.

Back
Top Bottom